Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphic driver problem  (Read 5504 times)
BobbeMalle
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« on: December 21, 2011, 08:48:16 PM »

hi guys,
i'm writing my first post in this community totally drunk, so pls forgive me for everything...
anyway, my problem is that i can't find a stable graphic configuration for my hard/soft ware...
here is my main problem:

basically i can see through wall, that's not that bad but not what i want...
btw, i'm running a kind of old version of Ubuntu (8.04 Hardy LTS) due to my graphic board (later versions of ubuntu does not support ati driver for my graphic board(ati radeon x1600)).
i tried almost all combination of graphic configuration and i can fix the problem in the "base mod" but when i play the After Shock mod the game goes totally random (sometimes it works sometimes i can see through the map)....

i totally donno where to find a soltion,
pls give me an help

i probably forgot to write something importan... so if u miss some details just ask me(tomorrow i'll be sober!)!

thanks in advance,
Bobbe
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 02:20:16 AM »

If, randomly changing OpenArena video parameters in baseoa, you managed to find a working configuration... maybe you may try to make the game re-create the q3config.cfg file in the aftershock folder (under DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Homepath]your "homepath" folder)... by deleting it or renaming it, e.g. changing its extension, then launching the game. This way, aftershock should inherit all options (including video options) from baseoa again.

PS: I've got a similar graphic card, but under Windows, and do not experience such kind of problem.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 07:11:35 AM »

try different r_primitives settings (valid- 0, 1, 2, 3)

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: