Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two suggestions:  (Read 4893 times)
Virus
« on: February 20, 2012, 08:12:51 AM »

1) After mapchange it happens that players are shown as connecting for several minutes until it finally says they timed out and removes them.
Well almost all of them are gone players. I saw it myself: I shut down OA after the game was over and then queried the server and saw my name on the server with ping 999.
So I think it should time out earlier as it wait very long to drop such.

2) Kicking idle players:
An issue are players that stop playing but don't leave the server. So they occupy a slot but do nothing.
It would be nice if they get kicked after something like 90 seconds without action.

GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 08:53:12 AM »

1) After mapchange it happens that players are shown as connecting for several minutes until it finally says they timed out and removes them.
Well almost all of them are gone players. I saw it myself: I shut down OA after the game was over and then queried the server and saw my name on the server with ping 999.
So I think it should time out earlier as it wait very long to drop such.

I think this bug happens when players need to download a new map they don't have, and after they downloaded, they are said that they have been timed out. This is an old bug of the engine.

Also, about kicking ghost players faster, I think that you can tweak the sv_zombietime cvar.

2) Kicking idle players:
An issue are players that stop playing but don't leave the server. So they occupy a slot but do nothing.
It would be nice if they get kicked after something like 90 seconds without action.

Are you sure it's not already implemented with g_inactivity cvar?
LauraNeko
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

Picky :)

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 09:50:42 AM »

on my servers it says connecting first and after a while it says spec but they are not in spec tehy eitehr left or are still conencting

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: