Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After "Build-pieced.bat" rebuild, some textures not displaying  (Read 7324 times)
JoeSox
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« on: February 28, 2012, 08:42:52 AM »

This one is getting to me and I don't feel motivated to keep working on my current map until I get it resolved. For some reason, when I perform a "Build-pieced.bat" rebuild (Note: before I do, I manually delete the .pk3 files) in c:\oasvn then I copy them to c:\oasvn\baseoa
Also, I make sure I have the correct new textures and shaders in scripts in both places "c:\oasvn\textures" & "c\oasvn\baseoa\textures" etc.
GtkRadiant 1.5 displays them properly but when I use q3map2build or Gtk's "(test) BSP -meta, -vis -fast, -light -fast -super 2 -filter" , it looks like below:
"Build-pieced.bat" rebuild

Any idea what I am missing?
I am able to get rid of the blank texturing below when I create the prt and perform "(single) -vis" but the textures aren't set properly of course.

JoeSox
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 11:40:29 PM »

Figured it out. q3map2 created a shader which I was not including with the rest of the files. It also needs the .tga files it creates in maps/maptitle/. So when I was coping just the map, aas, bsp, etc to use on another PC after building it would look that way.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 05:13:01 AM »

External lightmaps? Which compile switches do you use?

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 05:43:27 AM »

It does that when you use Quake 1 light-styles in a map.
JoeSox
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 08:17:48 AM »

The the "Normal" settings in Q3Map2Build v1.0 build 25
--
here is the bat file it generates. I build bsp by itself first, then vis,light, and bspc

"C:\Program Files (x86)\GtkRadiant 1.5.0\q3map2.exe" -fs_basepath "C:\oasvn" -fs_game "baseoa" -game "oa" -vis "C:\oasvn\baseoa\maps\OperationMetro.map"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\GtkRadiant 1.5.0\q3map2.exe" -fs_basepath "C:\oasvn" -fs_game "baseoa" -game "oa" -light -v "C:\oasvn\baseoa\maps\OperationMetro.map"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\GtkRadiant 1.5.0\bspc.exe" -bsp2aas "C:\oasvn\baseoa\maps\OperationMetro.bsp"
Pause
"C:\oasvn\openarena.exe" +set fs_basepath "C:\oasvn" +set fs_game baseoa +devmap "OperationMetro"
JoeSox
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 08:18:47 AM »

It does that when you use Quake 1 light-styles in a map.

I have a flickering light so it sounds like that maybe the cause.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: