Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Red team Blue team spawning in domination  (Read 12373 times)
JoeSox
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« on: March 02, 2012, 01:05:58 PM »

How do I specify the Blue team to only spawn from certain "info_player_start"; as well as the Red team in domination game?
Right now, they just spawn from any random "info_player_start". If I am suppose to use Deathmatch spawnpoints how do I assign team color? Thanks.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 03:18:41 PM »

Currently it is not possible to give the red and blue team separate spawnpoints in Domination (gametype 12). This was not considered necessary as it would mostly be implemented on Deathmatch maps without any special team layout. But if you have found use for it I would not mind adding it to the game.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
JoeSox
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 03:45:37 PM »

But if you have found use for it I would not mind adding it to the game.

Well, I am testing this OperationMetro cover map I am doing and the gameplay is different playing Domination/Conquest. Each team is not spawning from one end of the map (or their base). It feels more like a free-for-all then a conquest.
I think it would be a nice option to have available. Is there a request board I should post to or do you have it covered?
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 04:17:27 PM »

Domination does not need symmetric map. It can be applied to maps of any shape, with points placed in any place. Thus, introducing "bases" concept sounds unnecessary, to me.
Spawning at deathmatch points automatically makes the game fair for all... using team spawn points may make the game unbalanced, if the map (or dom points placement) is not symmetric...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 04:19:29 PM »

OFC you could also try to add support for Double Domination instead.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 04:22:45 PM »

See also:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping_information_for_special_gametypes#Domination
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping_information_for_special_gametypes#Double_Domination

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: