Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No response from master server  (Read 7624 times)
seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« on: May 02, 2012, 05:06:19 AM »

I maked linux on usb (live cd, desktop) Ubuntu desktop and PclinuxOS. Game started. I downloaded 0.8.8 version with patch. I can't, join to master sever. I see :" No response from master server". Game think very long, when I enter to multiplayer (server list). Comend reconnect has the same effect. Game displays on this menu "No response from master server". I tried Ubuntu in amd64 version and x86. I do not use Linux evry day. And game automatic installed from repository(?) in Ubunt in vesion 8.5 but I do not remember the exactly.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 05:29:14 AM by seven » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 05:35:43 AM »

Are you using some sort of firewall?
Can other applications access internet without problems?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 05:40:28 AM »

I don,t use linux evry day, but firefox work very good.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 06:13:19 AM »

You may have a firewall that allows outgoing traffic on standard HTTP and HTTPS ports (TCP), but does not allow it for the Quake3/OpenArena server port (UDP). In particular, you should double check 27950 and 27960 UDP ports..

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 07:38:07 AM »

Did you ever try on another OS such as Windows? You can download it from the homepage and run the game without installation to try, if you have Windows installed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: