Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OSX 10.8.1 Problems  (Read 8889 times)
Haverford
Nub

Cakes 1

make it work...

« on: September 07, 2012, 02:41:31 PM »

I've been playing OpenArena for years and years. I just downloaded a fresh install of the game and get this in the console:

This "weird reason" wouldn't happen to have anything to do with the fact I'm trying to run on a brand-new iMac running the latest OSX, would it? I have yet to try on my personal machine but as it runs the same OS, I'm not confident.

It's no big deal as this iMac is in my office and the game runs perfectly great on my Northwave machine at home.

Just wondering if you KNOW about Mountain Lion compatibility problems...or if it's just me!

If you do something right...no one has to know you did anything at all.

</atrophy>
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 01:38:49 AM »

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

First of all, did you download the "complete" 0.8.8 package or the patch package? As explained DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Download_mirrors#v0.8.8_unified_Zip_archive]here, Mac binaries in 0.8.8 "unified package" have a problem of file attributes, and thus you need to either manually "chmod" the files, to flag them as executable, or to use the binaries from 0.8.8 patch package (or from this smaller download, that contains binaries with fixed attributes only).

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: