Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: No response of master server!  (Read 46947 times)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2012, 10:05:27 AM »

so what's the homepath folder and what's the basepath folder :S?
Homepath:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Homepath
Basepath is the folder where you have openarena.exe file (where you uncompressed the zip).

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2012, 04:09:48 AM »

I still have some things which I'm unsure off (as I don't know how to do so).

About not being able to connect;
If that resolves it, then just point your DNS to the googles, and not your ISPs. And file a complaint against your ISP for filtering your DNS(if that is what is happening to you).
Sorry but, how do you do that?

How do I open or change ipv4 actually?

After testing OA with firewall-settings of the router off, it did succeeded this time.
I noticed when I start up OA and search for servers, my desktop suddenly says that it has no connection to the internet at all (if I switch from OA back to the desktop interface).
Maybe this causes it? Any ideas how to solve it?

About the error;
Even after doing it on the right way (I tried all possibilities between the patches actually) I still somehow get that error.

About OAWire;

After a successful installation you will have the OpenArena logo in the bottom right corner. You can activate the menu with left clicking the icon. [/qoute]
I don't see anything appear at all after installing it correctly? Next to that, are they talking about some logo within the screen of my browser or just in the taskbar?

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:48:06 PM by Suicizer » Logged

I'm good at everything but can't do anything...
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2012, 02:12:19 AM »

I still have some things which I'm unsure off (as I don't know how to do so).

About not being able to connect;
If that resolves it, then just point your DNS to the googles, and not your ISPs. And file a complaint against your ISP for filtering your DNS(if that is what is happening to you).
Sorry but, how do you do that?
IIRC, from what you posted above, your DNS already finds dpmaster, so you shouldn't need to change it. Anyway, you may refer to this: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001161.htm

How do I open or change ipv4 actually?
In Windows XP, in your local network properties, if you see "Internet protocol (TCP/IP)", it's referring to IPv4. IPv6 support in Windows XP was only optional (experimental?) and you had to install it manually. In later versions of Windows, you should see a line mentioning IPv4 and one mentioning IPv6... you chan check or uncheck them to enable or disable that protocol for that network card.
See also: http://www.oit.umass.edu/support/ethernet/check-your-computers-tcpip-settings

After testing OA with firewall-settings of the router off, it did succeeded this time.
This is very interesting. Please do more tests in this direction. I don't know exactly what to think... maybe trying to enable the firewall, but disabling those DoS protections?
Anyway, if you use NAT (multiple PCs behind the router share the same external IP address), you may even disable router's firewall at all (keeping active the Windows one if you wish)... a NAT by itself protects from externals attacks (unless in ports where you configured a virtual server or similar)... be aware that, of course, the NAT by itselsf would does not block malware you got in other ways to later contact external servers...

I noticed when I start up OA and search for servers, my desktop suddenly says that it has no connection to the internet at all (if I switch from OA back to the desktop interface).
Maybe this causes it? Any ideas how to solve it?
I don't know....

About OAWire;
After a successful installation you will have the OpenArena logo in the bottom right corner. You can activate the menu with left clicking the icon.
I don't see anything appear at all after installing it correctly? Next to that, are they talking about some logo within the screen of my browser or just in the taskbar?
In recent Firefox releases, you have to enable the "Addons bar", because it's hidden by default. From "Show/View" -> "Toolbars"-> "Addons Toolbar" (I don't know the exact names used in English version of Firefox, due to mine being in Italian). You can also show/hide it by pressing Ctrl+/ (the slash on the numeric keypad).
OAWire author should update the addon description to mention this.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 02:34:28 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
iceman
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 08:45:51 AM »

I am facing a similar issue. Can you please verify if you can see console showing 'n'  servers parsed which is exactly the same count on http://dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=openarena after you switch to multiplayer. I suspect it is a application issue more than router or firewall.
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 04:37:46 PM »

I am facing a similar issue. Can you please verify if you can see console showing 'n'  servers parsed which is exactly the same count on http://dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=openarena after you switch to multiplayer. I suspect it is a application issue more than router or firewall.

I have no idea where you are talking about.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 01:06:52 AM »

Do you have more NICs or IPs configured in your PC configuration? You may try to use /net_ip <your pc address>, and then /net_restart, and then try again. This to be sure that OA is using the right network interface, and thus the right gateway to reach the internet.

PS: I suppose iceman was referring to: scan for internet servers, then pull down the console: the last line should tell you "n" servers parsed. I don't know how you may have servers parsed if you have no response from master server, anyway, if you want to check this...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 01:11:50 AM by Gig » Logged

GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2013, 06:12:04 PM »

From oamps.sh:
Code:
-b, --basepath         set the base (root) path of your game server's files (binaries, paks, ressources, etc...). This is used to make your game server believe it resides in another folder than where it is executed from (used for cron jobs too since cron needs absolute paths). Default to the folder where the game server binary resides.
  Note : basepath should be used for GTV instead of homepath (because GTV doesn't redirect everything to homepath, for example the delay folder).
  Note2: see --homepath, an extension of --basepath.

-h, --homepath         set the home path of media files (configs, paks, models and maps). By default, the same as where the game server binary resides, but by setting it you can specify a folder where all the pak and maps resides different than your game folder basepath, useful if you don't have admin rights (ie: game folder at /usr/lib/openarena and your own folder that you will set as homepath at /home/yourlogin/.openarena)
  Note : OpenArena home resides in ~/.openarena by default, this behaviour is changed here

About your problem, here are some general guidelines:
- delete any .pk3 that are not standard and any .rcd file from any of your OpenArena directories. Be sure to look in AppData/Roaming/OpenArena, and also in your game directory where you installed/unzipped the game.
- make a backup of all your .cfg, and delete them all.

At this point, you should get a really clean install (and don't think that's too simple to work, I myself experienced a few weird bugs in the last days and I fixed them that way).

If it still doesn't work, check your host file, maybe some dns are weirdly blacklisted (antiviruses and firewall can also modify it, like COMODO, this can be a possible cause of such problems).

/EDIT: as Gig pointed out, you can also try:

/net_qport 19873
/net_ip 0.0.0.0
/net_restart
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2013, 03:40:15 PM »

I just tried Gig's way first,

/net_qport 19873

This command is write protected (As the console says) and has a default of 55606.

What Iceman has asked pointed out something interesting.

I refer:
Requesting servers from master dpmaster.deathmask.net...
Sys_StringToSockaddr: Error resolving dpmaster.deathmask.net: De aangevraagde naam is geldig, maar er zijn geen gegevens van het aangevraagde type gevonden.
CL_GlobalServers_f: Error: Could not resolve address of dpmaster.deathmask.net.

Translated the bold part to somewhat English:
The requested name is valid, but no files of the requested type has been found.

I've installed Open Arena again and patched it up to 0.8.alien yet no results. I also get that error about "verload [NULL]" again (which I haven't noticed before reinstalling for about the 5th time now).
Maybe something more interesting: Somehow my Internet Connection is completely getting cut off while searching for servers (just none at all, also outside Open Arena). When I close Open Arena again, everything changes back to normal.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 04:07:43 PM by Suicizer » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2013, 03:07:13 AM »

My suggestion was not to change /net_qport (a thing you probably can do only at startup, e.g. openarena.exe +set net_qprt 34006). It uses a randomly chosen value each time.

My suggestion was to change /net_ip to your machine's IP address.

PS: Did you try disabling IPv6 in Network card configuration?

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: