Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: installing 0.8.5 + 0.8.8 updates in mac  (Read 7401 times)
befno
Half-Nub

Cakes -6

« on: January 09, 2013, 11:02:14 PM »

Hi, I dont get how to manually update OA 0.8.1 to 0.8.8 in mac, by using the 0.8.5 and 0.8.8 patches manually. Where do i copy which files to which directory in the 0.8.1 installation in my mac?

thank you
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 02:16:43 AM »

You can extract 0.8.5 and 0.8.8 patch files into your openarena installation folder (basepath), paying attention to the path.
Patch .pk3 may also stay under your homepath/baseoa folder (see DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/FAQ#Configuration_files_and_automatic_downloaded_files_path]here and the following sections to find out where it is located on various OSs, and what's the difference between homepath and basepath folders), but probably having all "main" pk3 under homepath/baseoa is better (see the "important note" at the beginning of DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Download_mirrors]this page. I suggest to do not mix up 0.8.5 and 0.8.8 pk3s in basepath/baseoa and homepath/baseoa folders. Check you don't have autodowloaded them already (homepath/baseoa) before beginning.).

So, your actual installation folder (basepath, identified by your fs_basepath variable) depends from where you placed the game. Be careful to the PATH while extracting files from the zips. E.g. the oa085p.zip contains the "openarena-0.8.1" path, so you should extract the whole file to the same directory that contains your openarena-0.8.1 folder, but that would not be enough if you used a different name for your 0.8.1 installation folder. So you may, instead, browse the zip, enter the "openarena-0.8.1" folder inside it, select all files and folders inside it, and then drag-and-drop (I'm not used with MACs, but I hope drag-and-drop works there!) directly inside your installation folder.

First do the job with 0.8.5, then with 0.8.8 patch.

Please note that updated Mac binaries in 0.8.8 "full" package have a permission problem: you would have to "chmod" them or use the Mac binaries that come with 0.8.8 "patch" package instead (that is already your intention, if I understood correctly). 0.8.5 did not have updated Mac binaries.

I hope other users may help you in a more "clear" way... I have to go now!
Bye!

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: