Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphics Issue !  (Read 7644 times)
BlueBoy
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: February 27, 2013, 09:50:06 AM »

Yesterday, I had 2 OA clients running so I could be on 2 servers at same time, then I decided to change my name with Q3 Name Changer, and I decided to close both clients while changing the name,
when I opened OA using the new name, my OA settings have changed.. Resolution, sensitivity, shadows, depth (in game) and GRAPHICS ! Graphic textures have changed with some reason..
I have auto download on, but entering different servers hasn't fixed my textures...
Luckily when playing Single Player I don't have the issue so I could take screenshots of what the map should look like, and what it looks like for me..

What it should look like                                                                                                      What it looks like

So I was wondering what caused this issue, and is there a way to fix it other than re-installing the game?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 10:08:44 AM »

Removing extra .pk3 from the baseoa folder? There are many PK3 which are known to be problematic to the game.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
BlueBoy
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 10:30:09 AM »

Thank you ! That fixed the issue : )
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 04:56:24 PM »

Almost looks like something forced vertexlighting on you

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
BlueBoy
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 07:56:24 AM »

Almost looks like something forced vertexlighting on you

Is it possible that a server admin can force vertexlighting on me ?
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 08:35:02 AM »

I know he can force you do to NOT use Vertex Lighting, and that you can set it to auto re-enable when later joining a server that allows to use it. I don't know about the opposite.
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Special_game_options#Videoflags
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Graphic_options#Lighting

Maybe the pk3 that contained the "brightskins" used by that server had something wrond, and applied to many surfaces instead of to players skins only? Who knows!
A strange thing is that, after you get some weird third-party pk3 file through autodownload, it is more likely to experience strange effects while playing locally than when playing online.
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/FAQ#Yesterday_everything_worked_correctly.2C_but_today_I_experience_strange_problems

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: