Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: User manual  (Read 4999 times)
Khopesh
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« on: June 18, 2013, 08:18:06 PM »

I'm new to OA, and was wondering if there is a manual that describes the icons on my screen while in play? I.E. Kills, radar, etc. I have found many answers in the wiki, but cannot seem to find this info.

Thanks,
Khopesh
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 01:17:41 AM »

Unforunately, we do not have written the "Manual/HUD" page yet.
However, in DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Graphic_options]Manual/Graphic options page, you can see DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/File:Graphic_options_-_Game_options_-_01.jpg]this image that, showing some graphic options effects, also mentions something that is part of the HUD.

In that image, you can see the HUD in the bottom of the screen, from left to right:
- Your ammo load for the currently selected weapon (its ammo box is drawn on the right of the number)
- Your current health value (if it goes to 0, you're dead)
- Your head (just to remember you the model you are using)
- The red flag, to remember you are carrying it (in that screenshot, I'm using CTF mode)
- Your current armor value (armor gets 2/3 of damage you get, in the place of your health), with an armor drawn in the right of it.

When you select a weapon, the "weapon bar" appears for a while (and you can select its look from console).
When you pickup a weapon, its name appears on the left, for a short time (unless you enable "always show weapon bar" feature from console).
When you aim at someone, his name appears in the center of the screen.
If you were carrying an "holdable item" (e.g. personal teleporter or portable medkit), that would happear on the right edge of the screen, in the middle (until you activate it with ENTER key).
You can hold "TAB" key to show score table.
On the right part of the screenshot, you can notice "draw team overlay" option is enabled, showing some infos about your team-mates (works in team-based modes only).

I hope this helps. Questions?

See also:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Graphic_options
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Items
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Weapons
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Player_settings
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Gamemodes
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: