Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ubuntu  (Read 12163 times)
matija123
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« on: August 16, 2013, 12:32:50 PM »

HeyYO Guys Smiley soo now i have Linux Ubuntu... I downloaded OA 0.8.alien and extracted it to my Desktop.. it wont work Sad. It shows :Archive:  /home/frane/Radna površina/Pasje govno, i macja pisaka/openarena-0.8.8/openarena.exe
[/home/frane/Radna površina/Pasje govno, i macja pisaka/openarena-0.8.8/openarena.exe]
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
note:  /home/frane/Radna površina/Pasje govno, i macja pisaka/openarena-0.8.8/openarena.exe may be a plain executable, not an archive
zipinfo:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home/frane/Radna površina/Pasje govno, i macja pisaka/openarena-0.8.8/openarena.exe or
          /home/frane/Radna površina/Pasje govno, i macja pisaka/openarena-0.8.8/openarena.exe.zip, and cannot find /home/frane/Radna površina/Pasje govno, i macja pisaka/openarena-0.8.8/openarena.exe.ZIP, period.
[/b]

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”
― Mark Twain
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 03:39:24 PM »

You don't run OpenArena.exe, you run openarena.i386 or openarena.x86_64, depending if you use a 32 or 64 bit version...

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 06:11:41 PM »

and if that still doesn't work, chmod u+x the openarena binaries.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 08:03:45 AM »

If I'm not entirely mistaken Ubuntu has packages for OpenArena 0.8.5 in universe.
Try searching for "openarena" in the Ubuntu software centre or use plain
Code:
sudo aptitude install openarena

If interested you will need to apply the current 0.8.8 patch, and iirc its pk3 should go into fs_basepath, not fs_homepath. You might want to take a look at the DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Install]manual installation or DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/LinuxInstall]Linux installation wiki page. Feel free to correct them if they're outdated.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 08:17:55 AM by grey matter » Logged

This space is for rent.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 08:34:30 AM »

Oh, yeah, you forgot to tell us which version of Ubuntu you have.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 03:52:35 PM »

Of course it would not run if you put it to directory with a name Pasje govno, i macja pisaka.
I mean, spaces in directory name Tongue
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 09:04:25 AM »

Of course it would not run if you put it to directory with a name Pasje govno, i macja pisaka.
I mean, spaces in directory name Tongue
The game does not care about spaces in paths, as long as you put them in quotes where needed (i.e. invocation and configs).

This space is for rent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: