Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to kick player who has spaces in nick [tutorial]  (Read 19448 times)
MoonShine
Nub

Cakes 1

« on: September 15, 2013, 10:57:19 AM »

Hello!
Firstly - apologies for my english :-[
Secondly - I want to show you how to kick player who has spaces in nick - especially campers and spammers use this trick to avoid kick, because while e.g. my nick is "MoonShine    " you cant kick me by "/callvote kick MoonShine"

So:

1. Use /serverstatus to get names of players; here is outcome:

as you see - my nick has many spaces

2. Just write /callvote kick "MoonShine    " with inverted commas including all spaces in nick

use page up and page down to scroll messages in console

you can use spaces between kick and nick to adjust columns - it doesn't change anything and its helpful to write correctly nick (ekhm... spaces  ;) )

3. It's a little bit time consuming, so be careful with "kick due to inactivity"

That's all :)

^7Moon^1Shine ^5Wyborowa ^2Zubrowka ^1Soplica ^3Samogon ^7White^4Lightning
*Ruthless*
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 03:38:12 PM »

Nice Moonshine now I know how to do it Smiley

Also couldn't you just use the client number
MoonShine
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 04:25:46 AM »

Yes, but in 0.8.1 /serverstatus is unreliable with client numbers, so kicking someone in this way is doubtful :/

grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 01:55:59 PM »

Yes, but in 0.8.1 /serverstatus is unreliable with client numbers, so kicking someone in this way is doubtful :/
IIRC it's not printing client numbers, just a loop counter. If you have the time you can try /follow <cid> (and just bruteforce cid as spectator if target client is playing).

This space is for rent.
*Ruthless*
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 04:12:00 PM »

I found today i cannot use /serverstatus all the time Sad
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 05:29:32 PM »

0.8.1. Ok.
Clearly, everything we did in the last 5 years was to waste our own time...

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
MoonShine
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 08:07:26 AM »

so we have to chose only 0.8.8 servers ? Ok.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 02:36:23 PM »

This is funny. (?)

First they ask us to release new versions so to let everyone else know that the game is still being developed and not "dead". I have no problem with this.

BUT THEN players/serveradmins insist on playing/keeping the older versions in their servers while they ditch the newer versions. Not to mention the lack of (truly useful) feedback we receive on their part. It always comes AFTER the releases, NEVER before. AND not to mention that we NEVER (at least code-side) removed ANYTHING.

Why do we bother creating new content for the game or improving what's already there if nobody's going to use it?

Anyway, there's already a thread for this.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Jewjitsu
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 03:19:34 PM »

You shouldn't be bitter over the fact that 0.8.1 is so good that despite its age people still play it. It's like when a rock star produces new albums but a good number of people prefer the classic songs. If I worked on 0.8.1 I'd take it as a compliment!
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 03:23:03 PM »

Well, the fact is that I, at least, AM BITTER of that version. Because in the end it did NO favor to us, just like it happened with 0.7.1 in the past.

Jewjitsu
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 03:44:37 PM »

You're welcome to that opinion but I think we've hijacked his thread over it. I personally love 0.8.1 and the work done on the newer versions for the most part. It's a great game you should be proud regardless of what people play because they could be playing QL instead.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: