Short question:Where's OA 0.9.0  Huh

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”
― Mark Twain
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 04:32:12 AM »

Short question:Where's OA 0.9.0  Huh

I think that 0.9.0 will probably never released. Am i wrong ??

Infact, there's some work on OA3, more info here:
http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=4711.0

Wink

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 05:15:40 AM »

There won't be 0.9.0. 0.8.8 is the final release of the 0.X branch.
We're now heading towards OA3.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 12:55:45 PM »

Maybe 0.9.0 may be released in case we would find a texture and shader artist that would conclude the work on q3 textures replacement. Do you know one?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 02:57:43 PM »

Udi was working in the texture replacements, alongside **HD, but since Aftershock's fall I'm not sure what is the status of that project.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 01:49:51 AM »

I sent Udi a PM last April, and he mentioned a lot of tasks/jobs/projects he had in real life. But he also said that "he still plans to finish it". Many months passed since April, maybe we may ask for news again? I have no contact with **HD.

Personally, I would really like to have a "final" OA 0.x version, with some bugs fixed and the Q3 textures job done, before the OA3 reboot.
Unfortunately, I don't know C++, and I suck with textures and shaders (when I did some shaders for my own map, I started from existing OA shaders, and although I was checking the Q3 shader manual, I only partially understood what I was actually doing), so I can't really help much in that.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 02:26:25 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: