Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First timer - OS X 10.9.1 Won't launch.  (Read 14268 times)
LovesCompass
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« on: January 09, 2014, 02:07:52 PM »

Hey,

Moved the unzipped folder to the applications folder, shows in launchpad, confirms I want to launch the application and then nothing happens. Dock moves slightly as if it's making room but goes back again.

Trying to run 0.8.8. Downloaded the unified version.

Any tips for someone with no clue?

Used the patch and downloaded the executables as well which just gives me error messages.

I've read threads with other Mac issues here but no help there for this issue.

Hopefully it's a stupid mistake that can be easily rectified with a little bit of education.

Thanks

EDIT: Copying and "keeping both". Issue solved.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 02:25:19 PM by LovesCompass » Logged
Dacobi
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 10:49:02 PM »

To anyone still struggling with this.

You have to run this command in Terminal:

chmod +x /path/to/OpenArena.app/Contents/MacOS/openarena.ub

That is if OpenArena is in your Applications folder and you are using the unified zip version 0.8.8 you should run

chmod +x /Applications/openarena-0.8.8/OpenArena.app/Contents/MacOS/openarena.ub
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 05:22:10 AM »

Mac binaries in 0.8.8 "complete package" not working "out of the box" are a known issue.
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Install#About_OA_0.8.8_on_Mac

Note: 0.8.8 Mac binaries are those in "r28.app". Others are 0.8.1 binaries: they do work, but to not include glsl support and a few other fixes.

I did not answer before because you had already solved your problem.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: