Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Failed to load sound on some maps?  (Read 9220 times)
Megazell
« on: February 15, 2014, 05:23:41 PM »

Hey,

When I play Single Player - Map - I get fail to load sound for various things like blue.wav to Jenna.wav.

Is there a way to fix this or patch this? Some maps are great and have awesome music while others only have the map ambiance.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 08:12:46 PM »

They failed to load because the files do not exist and the engine loves to warn about not existing things. Given the 0.x status of the project this is to be expected.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 01:57:12 AM »

Ehm, really in every map the engine fail to load lot of sound that i hope will be fixed in the next release.

^3WARNING: could not find sound/items/cl_ammoregen.wav - using default
^3WARNING: could not find sound/weapons/nailgun/wnalimpd.wav - using default
^3WARNING: could not find sound/weapons/vulcan/wvulimpd.wav - using default
^3WARNING: could not find sound/weapons/vulcan/wvulimpl.wav - using default
^3WARNING: could not find sound/weapons/vulcan/wvulimpm.wav - using default
^3WARNING: could not find sound/misc/yousuck.wav - using default

Maybe users don't care but this message appear every game you start.

Wink

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 06:11:45 AM »

We need someone to create replacement sounds for those and sound/misc/windfly (the one used by the target_push entity). Otherwise it'll never be fixed.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 02:22:31 AM »

Can I add that probably the "Jenna.wav" may have theoretically be the announcer voice which tells the names of the bots when they enter the arena (I'm not sure, maybe in "single player deathmatch" only), which Q3 had? Utility of that sound, in a scale from 0 to 10? I can guess around 1...
However, future versions may fix it, but we would need the announcer (I don't know who made current annoucer voices) to record names for all bots. And OA3 bots roster is not completely defined yet.

Trivia: IIRC, even Q3A did show some warning about some missing sounds, sometimes... like characters missing their own "drowning" sound... (but I may remember wrong, maybe it was due to some third-party bot I added).

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: