Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Error code 404  (Read 10432 times)
Player_2
Nub

Cakes 0

OA rocks!!!

« on: October 27, 2014, 07:23:44 PM »

Hi guys, I have a small problem when I try to connect to a specific map: speedyctf.pk3

I had a short look on the internet and on this forum, but couldn't find anything that could help me solve this.
It just says:

DOWNLOAD ERROR: HTTP RESPONSE CODE SAID
ERROR CODE: 404 URL:
http://HTTP://JESTGAMESERVERS.COM/MIMIC/BASEOA/SPEEDYCTF.PK3
I have uploaded a screenshot.

I don't know what to do, did anybody here had the same problem? If so, how did you solve it?

Thanks a lot!

OA rocks!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:34:14 PM by Player_2 » Logged

Keep shooting!!!
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 01:32:54 AM »

It looks like the server you were trying to join uses a non-stock map and they forgot to upload its pk3 to the HTTP server they use for fast DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Automatic_downloading]automatic downloading. Best thing would be contact that server admins and inform them about the problem, which may prevent many other players from playing there.

Workaround is to manually find "speedyctf.pk3" somewhere (e.g. here) and place it into your "baseoa" folder.

Note: In your "quote" above, there is an "http://" in excess... but that's not in the screenshot, so I can guess that was just a "typo" from yours.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:47:34 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Player_2
Nub

Cakes 0

OA rocks!!!

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 06:31:59 AM »

Hey Gig, thanks for the reply.

I had that idea before and I have manually downloaded some maps before starting the game; downloaded them from here:
http://openmafia.org/~zimmer/baseoa/

Included is the famous "speedyctf.pk3"... I uploaded a screenshot of my folder. It's there.

I'm going to try that link from you, if it doesn't work I'll try contact the server admin and post results back here.

Thanks.

Keep shooting!!!
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 08:08:59 AM »

Let me understand...
1) You tried to connect to that game server, and it failed due to not being able to get speedyctf.pk3 from its http server.
2) Then you manually downloaded speedyctf.pk3 from another http server, and placed it into your OA installation folder (basepath)/baseoa.
3) Then you tried connecting to the game server again, and still got the same error?

In this case, it's strange it still tries to download it again if you already have it. It's however possible that the server owns a different version of the map (e.g. a previous or later beta), hence the client tries to download it again...

Some more infos you may add may include:
- What's the server where you are experiencing the problem?
- What's your cl_allowdownload value?
- Are you sure you don't have more versions of that pk3 under DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Homepath]your homepath folder?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:13:35 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Player_2
Nub

Cakes 0

OA rocks!!!

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 09:32:45 AM »

Okay, here we go:

- The server is jestgameservers.com (screenshot);
- My cl_allowdownload = 1;
- /home/Player_2/.openarena/baseoa AND /usr/share/games/openarena/baseoa have same file!

I've been thinking, maybe it's my firewall, I've got a custom config for iptables, I'll take a look.
Gotta check wich ports it uses though...

Thanks for trying to helping me out.

Keep shooting!!!
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 10:36:34 AM »

- The server is jestgameservers.com (screenshot);
I would like to know which game server from this list: http://dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=openarena
- My cl_allowdownload = 1;
Ok.
- /home/Player_2/.openarena/baseoa AND /usr/share/games/openarena/baseoa have same file!
That's strange... I would suggest to delete at least one of the two pk3 (or just rename speedyctf.pk3 to speedyctf.pk3.old). Do the two files have the same exact size?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:01:24 PM by Gig » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 12:12:34 PM »

PS: A possible try to get the file in another way is to set the client to ask the server to send that file using UDP downloading (directly from game server), instead of HTTP (from an external server).

According to some ioquake3 documentation I reported to our wiki (DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Automatic_downloading#Fast.2C_slow_or_both]here, DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Automatic_downloading?oldid=16530#Fast.2C_slow_or_both]permalink) years ago, setting "cl_allowdownload 2" your client should ask the server to send the file directly, although in a slower way (after finishing, don't forget to set the value back to 1). But server may have blocked this, or the trick may simply not work (I don't remember wheter I actually tried it or not... and theoretically since the beginning the download should have automatically fall back to UDP mode, in case it did not find a file in HTTP mode... but I only read some old documentation, I don't know what's actually in the engine code!).

Player_2
Nub

Cakes 0

OA rocks!!!

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 12:33:56 PM »

UPDATE!

Err... my bad!  :^/

I had NOT the file speedyctf.pk3 in the homepath...

I copied the one from /usr/share/games/openarena/baseoa to homepath and now it runs.

Sorry for the misunderstanding... and thanks for the help provided!

OA rocks!

Keep shooting!!!
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 01:10:59 AM »

I had NOT the file speedyctf.pk3 in the homepath...

I copied the one from /usr/share/games/openarena/baseoa to homepath and now it runs.
Strange: it should have worked also with that file in your basepath/baseoa (oa installation folder/baseoa)...  Undecided

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: