Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3D game model  (Read 10597 times)
Almantas
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: February 11, 2015, 02:47:41 AM »

Hello,
I would like to ask if there is any possibility to get some 3D models from this open source game? We are creating awesome website where you can print 3D models with 3D printer, and we need some demo examples. We are interested only in open source game models right now, because of limited resources we have.. I'm looking forward for reply.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 10:45:56 AM by fromhell » Logged
Almantas
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 07:51:21 AM »

P.S. If there will be any open source game developers who could share their 3D models, our company are willing to pay some percentage from every sold figure to developer.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 10:46:12 AM »

Depends on which character really.  Many are unfeasible due to their blending function use such as alpha blending for stuff like hair and armor/clothing.  Some are doable, like Liz and Smarine, since they are 100% solid.  Some aren't, like Angelyss and Kyonshi, because they have a lot of blended bits, so printing their head would lead to their face being a solid blob.

And then there's the issue of the models being in three parts. Something glue could handle

Sources for the OA characters can be found on the OA svn, under source/assets , however it's a mess in there and a nightmare for maintenance.  Blender format only.

(accidentally edited your post instead of replying oops)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 10:48:23 AM by fromhell » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 02:00:40 AM »

OpenArena figurines? LOL!  Smiley

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: