Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to change the head model.. help  (Read 22180 times)
Yomo_NL
Nub

Cakes 1

« on: February 15, 2016, 11:11:01 AM »

Hey guy's,

not a probleem but.. does anybody know how you change your head because i saw people walking around wit the body of liz butt the head of the ghost.. i tryed to search it but i only found things like /seta headmodel "tony"but that does not work!! pleas help

Thanks!
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 11:33:14 AM »

(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Player_settings/Appendix

Try "headmodel" for non-team-based modes, "team_headmodel" for team-based modes.
(After you already set the body, with "model" and "team_model" respectively)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 01:47:40 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
DILZNIK
Half-Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 03:58:52 PM »

I've seen you around many servers lately, and also read a few of your latest threads Yomo_NL.

Maybe you too should stop by IRC QuakeNet #openarenahelp

http://webchat.quakenet.org/

Yomo_NL
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 06:44:16 AM »

Stop with?
DILZNIK
Half-Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 08:04:44 AM »

Can someone explain to me why I just received a -1 cake?

Stop with?
Don't stop anything. I'm assuming you aren't familiar with english. I'm saying you should come to our irc webchat for questions like the ones you've been having lately.

IRC QuakeNet #openarenahelp

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 04:13:54 PM »

I'm guessing instead of answering his question you chose to advertiise instead

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
DILZNIK
Half-Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 12:29:08 AM »

I'm guessing instead of answering his question you chose to advertise instead

His question did get answered.. Why would I answer it again? I want my cake back. You believe its a selfish reason for the advertising because its separate from the site, when actually its to prevent his past threads from being asked. These cakes can negatively effect someones reputation here for the simple fact they tend to add up and they usually aren't deserved. Again I'm requesting my cake back. I need to know the things that result in negatives being added.

And yet I'm not able to give cakes out? Who decides this stuff?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 06:10:32 PM by DILZNIK » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 02:11:56 AM »

I want my cake back.
Please calm down. Cakes are not really an important thing. There are some pleople which gave very useful contributes to the game and have very low cake count. (Just an example: Fromhell is the project leader, without her OpenArena would not exist at all, she has got 14263 (!!!) posts and just 18 cakes.).
Also I do very rarely use "yes/no" buttons, while maybe there are more often posts worth of one... I just don't think about cakes, normally.

Any "X" guy can flag as yes/no any "Y" post from any other "Z" user (I don't know whether there is some minimum posts number before being able to do so. Surely one has to wait a delay between perfoming two "karma actions".). I don't know if Fromhell has some way to keep trace of who flagged who (e.g. to find out users abusing the feature?), but maybe not.
Somethimes I think that completely disabling the cakes system may be a solution...

We cannot spend time counterbalancing someone else's "karma actions". And however, you only have a -1 right now, not a -20, which may actually lead to think about a problematic user.

UPDATE: I just gave you a cake... not to the "I want my cake back" post... I gave it to the first post of your Tips & Configuration Help thread, because that's something useful.
I hope this thing can finish here.  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:34:28 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 07:06:43 AM »

Now you have +1 cake Smiley Smiley

Don't be mad for this minor stuff.....  Grin

Wink

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 07:08:21 AM »

not a -20, which may actually lead to think about a problematic user.

at least it's not -40 cakes.  that's as many as four tens. and that's terrible

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 07:14:25 AM »

Ah! Ah! Ah!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You got a cake for that!

Explaination: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/lex-luthor-took-forty-cakes

DILZNIK
Half-Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 11:09:52 AM »

Please calm down.
Now you have +1 cake Smiley Smiley

Don't be mad for this minor stuff.....  Grin

Wink

I appreciate the +2 cakes I received. 1 cake is now my all time total cake count.

It's not like I'm emotionally stressing IRL about these cakes.. I'm just not understanding why negative cakes are given out more than positive. I'm not the only one who receives negative cakes nearly every post. I don't recall there every been a time I received more than a 0 cake count and I'm trying to help to the best of my knowledge. Removing this cake system is probably more efficient? Again I'm not here to gain and receive cakes.. I'm pretty sure we all ca survive without the cake system.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 12:03:24 PM by DILZNIK » Logged

Yomo_NL
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2016, 08:13:58 AM »

Uhh i was only asking something i wasnnot asking for you to give your orpinion or some thing else.

I'm guessing instead of answering his question you chose to advertise instead

His question did get answered.. Why would I answer it again? I want my cake back. You believe its a selfish reason for the advertising because its separate from the site, when actually its to prevent his past threads from being asked. These cakes can negatively effect someones reputation here for the simple fact they tend to add up and they usually aren't deserved. Again I'm requesting my cake back. I need to know the things that result in negatives being added.

And yet I'm not able to give cakes out? Who decides this stuff?
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 12:44:44 PM »

Yomo, please be careful with markup: your reply ended inside a "quote" of someone else's words, maybe causing some confusion in readers.

Here it is your own text, extracted from the post above, where it was in the wrong place:

Uhh i was only asking something i wasnnot asking for you to give your orpinion or some thing else.

Yomo_NL
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2016, 05:06:06 AM »

😂yeah I don't know how to response to someone...  xd
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2016, 08:19:06 AM »

When you use "quote" link, you see something like this in you edit window:

Code:
[quote author=Yomo_NL link=topic=5217.msg53489#msg53489 date=1456398366]
yeah I don't know how to response to someone...  xd
[/quote]
The part between "quote" and "/quote" is a citation of someone's post. You can of course delete unnecessary parts from it (e.g. you may need just one sentence taken from a long post), but try to do not alter it in other ways.
Just write your reply below it.

Example:
Code:
[quote author=UnnamedPlayer]
Quoted (original) message
[/quote]
Insert your new reply here.

Sometimes the message you are quoting already contains some quotes, so you may see something more complicated. But also in that case, just write your reply under (after) the last "/quote" and it should be ok.
Sometimes you may want to place the "quote" in the middle of your own post -as I did in this one-, but generally the "quote" is at the beginning.

I hope this helps.  Smiley Bye!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 10:28:57 AM by Gig » Logged

DILZNIK
Half-Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2016, 10:26:12 AM »

Don't know why I still care to even help.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: