Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenArena on Itch  (Read 8450 times)
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« on: June 17, 2018, 07:26:25 AM »

I have added OpenArena to Itch here

It is currently unlisted and unsearchable but unless someone spots any bad things then I'll let it go public soon.

While it is possible to download games directly from Itch, the release is primarily meant for the Itch App. Downloading, extracting and fixing permissions are not for everybody. Even I sometimes prefer the convenient way over the right way.
The Itch App supports patching, so I hope to be able to perhaps provide updated binaries more frequently.

The release does also include the community map pack because I want it to require as little effort as possible.

I have even tested this on Mac OS X with the app, just to ensure that it works out of the box and does not require manual permission handling. Only problem is that it still complains that we do not have a 64 bit binary.

Despite some attempts at compiling a new Mac version I have failed. I can compile. I can start it but it crashes when entering a map. The OS X version is split on Itch for my convenience. I can test the other two much faster.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 02:28:34 AM »

I have added OpenArena to Itch here
Seems interesting... The ability for players to get even the binaries automatically updated is very interesting...
The release does also include the community map pack because I want it to require as little effort as possible.
I still hope that one day Neon_Knight will find the time and will to organize work to release OACMP Vol1 v4, fixing the most blatant problems...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: