Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Construct - Beta 3 (Significant changes since last version)  (Read 22024 times)
Amphetamine
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Cyberpunk

« on: March 31, 2007, 10:36:24 PM »

After playing it with live oponents it became very aparent that the design fell short by a long way and needed massive changes to make it fun. Thanks to the guys who came and playtested it on the speedmap server.

File:

http://files.filefront.com/construct_b3zip/;7095119;/fileinfo.html

Screens:

Chnges:

Changed layout significantly and ramped gravity up to 500.

Bots now play the map prety well.

All feedback apreciated. Thanks.

Top 5 tunes last week:
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 08:57:15 AM »

Why not just reply to your old post instead of creating a new topic?

Amphetamine
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Cyberpunk

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 09:10:35 AM »

I know I said all feedback apreciated, but I meant RE: the map rather than the post.

Previous post was getting messy and didn't want ayone to miss it, since it was a relatively short space of time since previous release. If it bugs you then feel free to mod it into a single post.

Top 5 tunes last week:
Gloom
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 09:13:25 AM »

Got both of them up now and to be honest B3 is a compleatly diffrent map to play,so a new topic is IMHO valid. Good open DM play with 8 players and it works with bots which is nice.
I still feel B2 has a lot to offer but it does need a set of wings instead of the battle suit, maybe lose the rail as camping and catching ppl in the air is to easy. It takes time to get the hang of it but I feel you should develope both Smiley
Amphetamine
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Cyberpunk

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 09:24:30 AM »

Got both of them up now and to be honest B3 is a compleatly diffrent map to play,so a new topic is IMHO valid. Good open DM play with 8 players and it works with bots which is nice.
I still feel B2 has a lot to offer but it does need a set of wings instead of the battle suit, maybe lose the rail as camping and catching ppl in the air is to easy. It takes time to get the hang of it but I feel you should develope both Smiley

After playing vs live opponants, it really wasn't as good as I'd hoped. The only weapon worth using was the Rail TBH, since the others were very hit and miss at that distance (especially rocket with no surfaces to splash from). Also id chose not to factor g_gravity into the grenade physics which kind of ruins it a bit. Was hoping for it to be a lot more like Zigarut Vertigo (Low-G worked much better in Q1, because of the almost hitscan rocket speeds, the much longer lihgtning shaft and the floaty grenades)

Top 5 tunes last week:
Gloom
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 09:37:17 AM »

Well a few of us played it last night and perhaps because we are RQ3 players we didn't like the rail gun but we did find the MG to be  good even at long range, getting ammo for it was a bit*h though. Floating grenades could be interesting, rather like the floating mines in WFA.

As this should be about the new version of the map I should add that I vote B3 should be put on peoples servers asap for all to play and I'd like to say a big thank you for the effort you have put into it.
Amphetamine
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Cyberpunk

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 11:00:38 AM »

Cheers for the kind words, but it's certainly not finished yet. Still waiting for commentary to come back from other forums. So far the bigest comment is that it's too symetrical, so I need to do somthing about that. I have an idea on that front that will make it look better as well, so that is still to come. If anyone has some well defined comments about weapon and item placement then I'd be most apreciative of that, as that's what I'll really want to concentrate on next.

Top 5 tunes last week:
baronofhell
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 07:21:16 AM »

one word - Awesome!

Had lots of fun playing.

One of the bots fell through the trigger hurt and was roaming around. Image below:

Keet
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

"Violent, stingy, schizophrenic..."

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 03:53:13 PM »

Haha, what happened there?

This map looks interesting...I think I'll give it a try sometime.

Pronouns are evil!

"Violent, stingy, schizophrenic... It sounds... like me!" ~~B.B. Hood

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 12:03:04 PM »

New link for this one:

http://www.onykage.com/files/armageddonman/rftvh/construct-b3.pk3

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any .zip file. Sad
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 11:04:45 PM by Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2019, 07:11:10 PM »

Updated link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6mjbcu1phic30x2/construct-b3.pk3?dl=0

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: