Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: *SOLVED* Mouse weirdness under Ubuntu 7.04  (Read 8435 times)
sschock
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: June 20, 2007, 10:26:09 AM »

Hi there,
I tried playing OpenArena under Ubuntu 7.04, first I tried the version that comes with ressources of ubuntu (which is ioQ3 1.33-oa), but i cant play, because of the mouse is always jumping...
Seems like it always jumps to the opposite direction i moved it initially (like i move it right, the mouse jumps to the left), that behaviour starts in the menu, and continues ingame... making a proper gameplay impossible.
I tried the windowed mode... behaviour still continues.
I tried the latest version of OpenArena i could get at the main site, but still the same behaviour.
I bought some cheap mouse tried it, changed the connection type (from usb to ps/2), changed the protocol (from mouse to evdev), changed the driver from ExplorerPS/2 to IMPS/2, turned down the acceleration ingame and at the windowmanager, changed the windowmanager from XFCE to GNOME... but it still is doing this weirdness.
Origin Quake3 and ET are working properly, mouse there is behaving normal.
I had the same issues at UT2004 and with Sauerbraten and there also found no cure.
I searched this forum, and did a google search, searched the bug reports for xorg, but no solution to this.
Is there someone who had similar problems or maybe can give me a hint where to search...

Thanks

Regards

ps: First Post Wink
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 05:07:34 AM by sschock » Logged
FREAK
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 10:31:16 AM »

MY god you like the same games I do!

Cube was what really got me into FPS then Unreal and Sauerbraten helped even more!

Thats besides the point however...

Sauerbraten is a very open game which is compatible with many mouses and stuff like that.

I do not see if there is anything to help here.

I would just buy a new one from a store or steal one from school like my friend did once lol.
FREAK
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 10:33:02 AM »

A and try invert mouse!

Maybe that will help your vertical problem but maybe not left and right...
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 12:23:24 PM »

searched the bug reports for xorg, but no solution to this.

if the "invert mouse" doesn't fix your problem then file a bug with your distro.

sschock
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 05:07:08 AM »

thx for your suggestions... searching for the solution led once again to xorg and its bugreports and from there to the SDL site, where i found something and made a "try and error" event... Luckily it was just try and not error. Wink
So, for the solution:
setting the environmental variable SDL_VIDEO_X11_DGAMOUSE='0' solved the problem.
So it seems like something messes up with OpenArena and SDL and my system...

Cheers

shock

PS: will try that now with sauerbraten!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 08:19:22 AM by sschock » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: