Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Compiling OA  (Read 8506 times)
yens
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: December 11, 2006, 05:52:15 PM »

Hi all! First of all, Congratulations for your game! I am from Spain and speak english so bad... but i want to ask some questions...
I am interested in add a lot of ideas to Open Arena and compile a new game. I have downloaded the file sources from SVN, but i didnt find any guide to understand the code or something about the files.

In the other hand, i have downloaded the Quake 1.27 Game Source, do you know some guides or tutoriales where i can read and understand the code and the organization of the engine?

Thanks, and sorry for my english :s
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 06:07:24 PM »

Please stop apologizing for not having English as a first language, your English is fine and easier to understand than a lot of people that speak it native Wink

In the other hand, i have downloaded the Quake 1.27 Game Source

do not use that source, it contains a security bug, if you must use id's code use the latest 1.32 source available on their ftp (I believe they fixed the bug after the icculus.org guys found it, at least they released fixed binaries for their games).

yens
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 05:13:00 AM »

I have downloaded the 1.32 version of the source but where can i download or read some tutorial about quake 3 source or similar please?

thanks for all !
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 03:37:31 PM »

The VM is a virtual RISC processor, the language is interpreted ANSI C (A virtual nightmare to code in but the end result is a cross platform game).

For better features ( openAL for sound, SDL backend, OGG Vorbis support, flares, native AMD64 support, and possibly bump mapped texturing in the future(?) ) use the ioquake3 source.

Good luck!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: