Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: id tech 4  (Read 8390 times)
Homme_de_noiR
Nub

Cakes -13

« on: August 13, 2015, 10:26:30 AM »

i have been studying the code base but i can't make out where the original source for oa-ctf is, since i want to start porting everything to the newer engine, help is much appreciated. i am starting with a clean slate since i haz many buildfail right now. thanks in advance.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 10:52:15 AM »

Do you really plan to convert everything to id tech 4? Sounds like a very difficult thing (and OA devs stated that switching to another engine would have break Q3 stuff compatibilty, which is one of OA goals)....
However, if you are searching for OA sources, give a look to the links here:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Main_Page#Coding-wise_.26_other_stuff

Most updated gamecode ad engine sources should be on github: https://github.com/OpenArena/
While other stuff (images, maps, etc.) should be in the SVN... not sure if this one is updated: http://openarena.ws/svn/ (its extremely simple web interface does not show any date or other info about the files... maybe DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Subversion]using a subversion software gives more infos?)
There was another svn link (which used to show more informations): http://www.mancubus.net/svn/openarena/ but at the moment it says 404 error (not found)... I have no idea what happened to it. Maybe Sago or Fromhell know.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Homme_de_noiR
Nub

Cakes -13

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 11:14:12 AM »

First, thank you for the quick reply, i already had the source files, but i feel more confused then before, it shouldn't be all too complicated, compatible programming is, but this is not that. i just want an engine that is just that little more responsive and less anime-ey.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 11:44:16 AM »

First, thank you for the quick reply, i already had the source files, but i feel more confused then before, it shouldn't be all too complicated, compatible programming is, but this is not that. i just want an engine that is just that little more responsive and less anime-ey.

LOL, anime style is what Fromhell (project leader) wants to do for OA3 (next openarena major version will be a content reboot).

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Homme_de_noiR
Nub

Cakes -13

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 12:01:03 PM »

i know, i aim to finish before i can no longer escape the futanari chicks
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 11:46:05 PM »

id tech 4 is not simply a "newer engine"

it's an entirely different structured thing with more focus on scripts. "more responsive" isn't something id tech 4 is known for exspecially in mutliplayer.

porting OA to anything non-id tech 3 will be a failure., and newer technology doesn't automatically mean "better" or "modern" graphics.  There's a reason why engine switching is on our NOTTODO.

and there's no futanari in OA3 ever.  The anime style is meant to be complementary to the pace and technology, not for helping a fetish fantasy.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 11:53:15 PM by fromhell » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: