Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Server disconnected - invalid .pk3 files enabling auto-download might help. ■  (Read 9886 times)
Yomo_NL
Nub

Cakes 1

« on: February 05, 2016, 11:05:19 AM »

Hey guys,

Yomo here with a probleem Sad. I've got 2 probleems.

□ probleem 1 ■

● I was playing online and i wanted to join a server butt then suddenly this poped into my screen: "Server disconnected - invalid .pk3 files enabling auto-download might help."

I was scared because i always hhave errors with games i played butt thenn i was look on the internet for some help and i was watching topic over the same probleem and then i got some hope but when i saw the comments then i lost it. Because i cant follow it its to hard to do this.

■Probleem 2□

● I saw a server named something witg europa i thought yeah europa but when i wanted to join the server this came on my screen: "Client/server game mismatch: baseoa-1/baseq3-1." i was searching for this too but i didnt got it either!

If some one wants to help me.. please.

You cab help me with join.me if you want.

Greetings!
Yomo_NL
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 05:52:52 PM »

http://prntscr.com/9zkgp7

http://prntscr.com/9zkh6w

http://prntscr.com/9zkj0o
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 05:57:35 PM by Yomo_NL » Logged
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 03:40:02 AM »

I was playing online and i wanted to join a server butt then suddenly this poped into my screen: "Server disconnected - invalid .pk3 files enabling auto-download might help."

I was scared because i always hhave errors with games i played butt thenn i was look on the internet for some help and i was watching topic over the same probleem and then i got some hope but when i saw the comments then i lost it. Because i cant follow it its to hard to do this.

This error just means that the server is using additional files that you do not have, e.g. new maps or playermodels. You might be able to download these files from the server.
The wiki explains a lot about the downloading system at DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Automatic_downloading]Manual/Automatic downloading.

What you need to do to enable automatic downloading is the following:
  • In the main menu, left click on 'SETUP' (0-menu.jpg)
  • In SETUP, left click on 'GAME OPTIONS' (1-setup.jpg)
  • In GAME OPTIONS, left click on 'Automatic Downloading' so its value changes to 'on' (2-game-options.jpg)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 03:44:42 AM by grey matter » Logged

This space is for rent.
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 03:43:25 AM »

I saw a server named something witg europa i thought yeah europa but when i wanted to join the server this came on my screen: "Client/server game mismatch: baseoa-1/baseq3-1." i was searching for this too but i didnt got it either!

This means that the server you were trying to connect to is actually a Quake 3 server, not an OpenArena server. It should not be listed at all in your in-game server browser, but since it is, you should just ignore it and try other servers instead.

This space is for rent.
Yomo_NL
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 01:25:55 PM »

Thanks i've figgert it out. but how can i downlaod the quake 3 maps?
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 08:48:40 PM »

Sometimes the Baseq3 mismatch bug occurs from running partial Q3 mods, i.e. mods that only replace one qvm file

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 02:24:32 PM »

Thanks i've figgert it out. but how can i downlaod the quake 3 maps?
What do you need exactly?

(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/MapCompat maybe?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: