Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of Duty 2 like!  (Read 35454 times)
De@thByBl@st
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2007, 11:24:17 PM »

There are already a ton of free realism shooters that run on the quake 3 engine.  OA doesn't need one.

...by your standards OA is just as pointless, since Quake III already exists...

Quake 3 isn't free.

WOW! I certainly hope you didn't spend too much time figuring that out, which BTW was in the post you obviously barely read and in fact was the main point of said post. Wink

I don't really care what your post said, and I wouldn't have to repeat the obvious if you were able to take it into account in the first place.

Please, don't be so obstinate, continually denying that you were wrong isn't going to make you any more right.
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2007, 05:38:19 AM »

Well ET will at some point, most likely become GPLed or at least it has been expressed as an intention, but some games, most likely ET:QW are using the engine right now, so again, that won't be next week, but right now we do have a great engine with full source code available.

Uh... ET:QW uses id tech 4 (the doom 3 engine) and TTBOMK splash damage has yet to commit to releasing anything under the GPL.

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2007, 10:55:27 AM »

splash damage has yet to commit to releasing anything under the GPL.
q3map2?

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2007, 11:26:30 AM »

They were forced to do that, though, due to shared code of q3map.  At least that is what it looks like from outside.  They may have a different view of it. 

WH173Ru5Tty
"OA is a crappy game, and should never have been made. "
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2007, 12:26:01 PM »

There are already a ton of free realism shooters that run on the quake 3 engine.  OA doesn't need one.

Quake 3 isn't free.

WOW! I certainly hope you didn't spend too much time figuring that out, which BTW was in the post you obviously barely read and in fact was the main point of said post. Wink

I don't really care what your post said, and I wouldn't have to repeat the obvious if you were able to take it into account in the first place.

Please, don't be so obstinate, continually denying that you were wrong isn't going to make you any more right.

How was I wrong?  It's like you are having a completely different conversation.

<this sig was big and dumb>
De@thByBl@st
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2007, 10:26:10 PM »

Quake 3 isn't free.

How was I wrong?  It's like you are having a completely different conversation.

Likewise my friend, here:

I never indicated that Q3 or it's content were ever free, you just came up with that from partially reading my post.

Quote from: De@thByBl@st
I completely disagree, by your standards OA is just as pointless, since Quake III already exists.

There may be some "free realism shooters that run on the quake 3 engine", but this isn't Quake III and Quake III isn't free, so that alone could be an advantage over any "free realism shooters that run on the quake 3 engine" and in any case their certainly isn't a "ton", there is TC, which is not as good as it could be and it's not likely that it can be updated because the code is not available, NS:CO, which was never very good IMO and UT, which also was never very good IMO, so those are in order of realism and quality.

Quake 3 isn't free.

Quake 3 isn't free.
ioquake3 is Smiley

Okay, fine.  Quake 3 the game isn't free. :p

Etc., etc., etc.

That should help.
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2007, 08:02:09 AM »

argh, get your
Code:
[quote][/quote]
together..

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2007, 11:10:24 AM »

Actually quake 3, the game engine, the qvms, the code, and the tools involved (GTKRadiant, q3map, q3map2, bspc, etc.) are free.  The content is not but can be picked up on Amazon.com for a dirt cheap $14.95 with team arena going for $1.25 ($0.99 on ebay) and Quake 4 going for $5.50.

Ultimate Quake which includes Quake 1, Quake 2, and Quake 3:  Arena (but not team arena) can be picked up for $10.00 and is the better deal.

WH173Ru5Tty
"OA is a crappy game, and should never have been made. "
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2007, 12:01:07 PM »

I never indicated that Q3 or it's content were ever free, you just came up with that from partially reading my post.

I know you didn't say it was free.  You said that playing OA would be pointless in my POV since quake 3 is already out (pretty much), and then I said, "Quake 3 isn't free."  What is so confusing about that?  I didn't want to read your post, because it is as boring as shit, and I feel guilty even replying to you, like I should be doing something better with my time, instead of talking to someone with too much free time.  Really, you are digging into this way to much.  Turn off the monitor, and go outside for a little while. 

<this sig was big and dumb>
De@thByBl@st
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2007, 08:57:05 PM »

I know you didn't say it was free.  You said that playing OA would be pointless in my POV since quake 3 is already out (pretty much), and then I said, "Quake 3 isn't free."  What is so confusing about that?  I didn't want to read your post, because it is as boring as shit, and I feel guilty even replying to you, like I should be doing something better with my time, instead of talking to someone with too much free time.  Really, you are digging into this way to much.  Turn off the monitor, and go outside for a little while. 

You seem to be the one with too much time on your hands, after all, it is you that is adding your own content to my posts and then trying to argue with it.

I didn't say any such thing, you should spend the free time you waste here in some English as a second language class somewhere, because it's becoming obvious to me that it's not your first language and it will be much more helpful for you than trolling forums.

What I said was that using such reasoning for not creating such a mod as Q3 has several is equivalent to saying we don't need OA because we already have Q3.

Doesn't seem like such a brain twister to me.

This is the DEVELOPMENT forum BTW, so it really has little to do with playing, per say and you will not find the word "playing" in any of the post your talking about.

What you should feel guilty about is is dropping out of school in the fourth grade.

The ideal was to have a realistic modern military simulation style of mod that can be used for other such mods (if needed) and that won't simply stop dead in it's tracks because the only person with the source quit the project or other such reasons, good examples are True Combat and Navy Seals : Covert Ops, both are dead now, though neither was ever really finished. You seem to be the only one that doesn't get that, but then, that's what trolls do, I've been around a little too long for you to work your troll magic on kid.

So, if you would be so kind, I would be extremely grateful if in the future you would simply not read any of my posts, since you tend to only want to read a few lines and then compose the rest of it in your own mind.

Either way this conversation and any in the future you plan to have with me are done, good luck to you.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: