Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Resolution issue  (Read 11650 times)
akiratheoni
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: September 07, 2007, 10:30:21 PM »

So I changed my resolution to try to get a clearer image of OA, and then apparently it's not a good one because I now get an 'Out of Range' error by my monitor when I load Open Arena, and I can't access anything. So I can't change my resolution. How would I do this?

I'm using Ubuntu 7.04 and running OA 0.7.0. Thanks!
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 10:34:46 PM »

You can blindly go into the console (~) and type the following:

r_mode 4
vid_restart

make sure you skip the intro video first by escape, so its playback won't interrupt.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
akiratheoni
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 10:44:22 PM »

So currently the command to run OA is:

/usr/games/openarena --quiet +set r_allowSoftwareGL 1

So would I change it to:

/usr/games/openarena --quiet +set r_allowSoftwareGL 1 r_mode 4 vid_restart

?

I changed it to that but it didn't do anything; I can't even see the intro vid playing before my monitor goes 'out of range'.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 10:53:41 PM »

/usr/games/openarena --quiet +set r_allowSoftwareGL 1 r_mode 4 vid_restart

No, it would be:
/usr/games/openarena --quiet +set r_allowSoftwareGL 1 +set r_mode 4

if called from the commend line. +set must be in front of all variables and vid_restart makes no sense on the commandline as the video hasn't been started yet.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
De@thByBl@st
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 10:57:18 PM »

Or look in your q3config.cfg file for this line:

seta r_mode "4"

Or create an autoexec.cfg file with that line in it.
akiratheoni
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 11:00:17 PM »

Oh, if it helps, I downloaded the OA version that can run on Windows as well. I don't know if that's significant but anyway,

I don't know where the q3config.cfg file is... sorry, I'm new when it comes to OA, really. >.<

And about the command line one, it still doesn't work.
De@thByBl@st
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 11:07:17 PM »

Oh, if it helps, I downloaded the OA version that can run on Windows as well. I don't know if that's significant but anyway,

I don't know where the q3config.cfg file is... sorry, I'm new when it comes to OA, really. >.<

And about the command line one, it still doesn't work.

Well, in Linux you should find it here:

~/.openarena/baseoa

Or

$HOME/.openarena/baseoa

Those are the same BTW.

Not sure off hand for Windows, but you can do a search for it.
akiratheoni
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 11:20:49 PM »

Cool, it worked! Thanks!
De@thByBl@st
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 11:26:40 PM »

Cool, it worked! Thanks!

NP, now what server are you on, so I can come get my ass kicked?
akiratheoni
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 11:30:13 PM »

lol I won't be playing on those online servers cause I'm not too good... what I had intended to do is just create an online server for my forum members only to join and play (though I could make a couple exceptions) but I haven't the faintest idea on how to do that; whenever I start a multiplayer game it's just for the LAN. I don't have access to an actual dedicated server so the computer I'm running would have to act as the server as well... I'm sure it's possible for me to do that, but I have no idea how. Can you help? (it's probably better that I ask it here rather than start a new topic) The other guides I found were for a dedicated server only and assumed I had access to a dedicated server, which I don't.
De@thByBl@st
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 12:33:15 AM »

lol I won't be playing on those online servers cause I'm not too good... what I had intended to do is just create an online server for my forum members only to join and play (though I could make a couple exceptions) but I haven't the faintest idea on how to do that; whenever I start a multiplayer game it's just for the LAN. I don't have access to an actual dedicated server so the computer I'm running would have to act as the server as well... I'm sure it's possible for me to do that, but I have no idea how. Can you help? (it's probably better that I ask it here rather than start a new topic) The other guides I found were for a dedicated server only and assumed I had access to a dedicated server, which I don't.

Yeah, me too at the moment, I have a few servers around, but I've been too busy to put a dedicated machine online since among other things I've been upgrading my hardware. But you can run a dedicated server on your machine and then connect to it:

See here:

http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=1116.0

The script I use to start a dedicated server in Linux:

#!/bin/sh
screen -A -m -d -S OA sh -c "cd ../ && ./ioquake3.x86_64 +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 27960 +set fs_game excessiveplus +set sv_pure 1 +exec server.cfg; sleep 30"  &

I run excessiveplus in that example, for standard change +set fs_game excessiveplus to +set fs_game baseoa

Look for this one online sometimes and feel free to join in on the fun:

excessiveplus Instagib+ RailHouse OA - AMD64 - Linux
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 12:41:50 AM by De@thByBl@st » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: