Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which clan?  (Read 10984 times)
thalamus
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: April 09, 2008, 05:36:43 AM »

I am looking for a clan. I am not the cream of the crop, but I am no slouch. I've only been playing for a few weeks I think and this is my first venture into an online fps since SIN and UT for DC. If this isn't the right place to go looking then please aim me in the right direction. I'm not the best, but i am putting in some time to get there.
Narses
Nub

Cakes 1

do_u_know, who_u_r?

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 06:05:54 AM »

hmmm, thats strange way......but where are you from?

- - Heroes in black - - SECRET POLICE - - Heroes in black - - WATCH YOUR BACK - -
-Visit --- http://oa-cl.ucoz.org/ ---
kronos
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 07:10:53 AM »

I am looking for a clan too (Especially ctf). I'm from germany. Like thalamus, i am not the Rul0r but on the few servers where i can play i'm most of the time on the higher ranks. (sry for my school english Smiley
Gerbil

Cakes -2

not so strong

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 08:36:23 AM »

What ctf servers do you usually play on?

the reason why narse asked where you are from, is because someone from europe wouldnt work well with someone from north america because of ping. You wont be able to play to your maximum potential on the same servers, and in clan battles, one of you will be at a disadvantage. However, this does not matter if you are planning on joining a clan that doesnt care about ping, or if you are so good, you overcome your ping Tongue.

Quote from: sploosh
there once was an animal called gerbil
he dreamed he was eating his turtle
he awoke with a frieght
in the middle of the night
to find out that he was a squirtle
<< ME >>
i claim to be leilol and i think every forum is a public and free speech venue

Cakes -2

0Wn ME iF yOu Can!!!

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 09:21:57 AM »

Man, just have fun if you join into a clan and dont you never ever become a Traitor, Right Gerbil?

"uh.. FREE SPEECH?? does it make any sense to you??
Deleting posts and locking topics is just the same as banning"
pikaunforgiven
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 10:00:19 AM »

generally if you are good enough you dont have to go to a clan, they will come to you. just keep playing on servers that are frequented by a few different clans that you wouldnt mind joining and eventually one may ask you.
honestly it takes a lot more than a few weeks to be good enough to join any decent clans, unless of course you are someone who has been playing q3 a few years prior to open arena.....
thalamus
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 04:04:52 AM »

generally if you are good enough you dont have to go to a clan, they will come to you. just keep playing on servers that are frequented by a few different clans that you wouldnt mind joining and eventually one may ask you.
honestly it takes a lot more than a few weeks to be good enough to join any decent clans, unless of course you are someone who has been playing q3 a few years prior to open arena.....

Thanks. I like this option the most. I'm not cream of the crop yet, but when I'm good enough to join a worthwhile clan hopefully they will just take notice. Sounds like a plan to me.
pikaunforgiven
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 07:42:41 AM »

ya, im not really that good either honestly, despite playing quake 3 for a good year before migrating to OA. honestly clans are of limited value right now anyway, as far as i can tell there arent many clans that have private scrim servers yet. most just play on public CTF servers from what i have seen.
skankychicken
Lesser Nub

Cakes 1

OpenArena 1.0.0 - /cg_roaminganimals 1 ; /cg_flipf

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 03:04:23 PM »

I guess your referring to 1.32. On the other hand 1.16 is quite the opposite, there are lots of clans and alot of servers will be used for wars on a daily basis. You dont have to be at any level to start or join a clan. If you are associated with a decent clan people will respect you no matter what level you are at. Some people play for fun, some people are entertaining and are lighten the place up a bit. Some people are friends from certain areas.

I agree, it's best to be with people who speak the same language and in similar time zones. The bad side is that clans often end up disagreeing or taking things too serious with other clans. If you are known to be associated with a respected clan then there is always a chance that someone gets caught cheating and then people may change their opinion or be suspicious of other members.

Alot of clans have members that don't even compete in any 'wars', acrtivity seems to be the most important thing. If there are good players who only randomly play and you are often playing then you are more an asset than they are.  If there is no activity then there is no clan.
pikaunforgiven
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 05:59:02 PM »

ya, when i played Q3 it was primarily 1.32c, and some 1.30 from time to time. i never really gave 1.16 much thought since there are a lot fewer servers compared to 1.32. i was in a few different 1.32 clans, ranging from good to pretty poor in terms of activity and skill level. all of which took a while before i was able to join them. like you said, 1.16 is probably different though.

i ran into very few cheaters in 1.32, as the servers i went to had punkbuster on standby (it wasnt enabled by default) if people were causing trouble while admins were around. granted punkbuster isnt perfect, it still kept people honest in clan wars and the like. luckily we dont have that sort of problem in OA "yet".

ya, most of the clans i was in were FFA only clans who mostly played for fun instead of competition. unfortunately with just about all of them there were only certain times of the day any of them would ever be online, so i was left waiting for them most of the time so it was kinda like the clans didnt even exist most of the day.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: