Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.7.6 bug thread  (Read 63862 times)
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2008, 09:18:03 AM »

I finally discovered what caused the Com_sprintf overflows.

It is the server information that is too big. This means that you cannot see if Punkbuster are On or Off.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 04:05:34 PM »

sorry? ioq3 doesn't have pukbuster...
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2008, 04:11:06 PM »

sorry? ioq3 doesn't have pukbuster...

I know but the server list tries to write it anyway and fails. It is not vital information that is lost, but it is annoying with the com_sprintf in the console.

jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2008, 04:31:46 PM »

acknowledged.
jackthompson
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2008, 01:47:01 PM »

has the stuck-together-for-2-seconds-if-there-was-contact-with-the-other-players-model problem been solved?

it's the only thing that keeps me from updating every server i take care of...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 02:08:08 PM by jackthompson » Logged
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2008, 02:27:41 PM »

has the stuck-together-for-2-seconds-if-there-was-contact-with-the-other-players-model problem been solved?

No, I am still trying to reproduce it. It has been reported by several people but for some reason I never experience it.

pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2008, 10:13:04 AM »

it appeared to me that there were only one model this happened with?

ralph
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2008, 12:19:51 PM »

it appeared to me that there were only one model this happened with?

I had it today on the map oa_dm4 and he was using the tony model and  I used the sergei model.
Hopefully the devs can do something with this info
Cheesy

andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2008, 09:23:19 PM »

Yeah I would've been very surprised if it only happened with a certain model because the engine only uses the model for drawing the players, the physics is all model-independent (AFAIK).
jackthompson
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2008, 11:14:03 PM »

No, I am still trying to reproduce it. It has been reported by several people but for some reason I never experience it.

come to RN|FFA OA0.7.6 (it's getting more and more populated..) and play 1 or 2 rounds... maybe with default model and cg_forcemodel=1 like i have configured... chase them and run into the other players... it will happen...

strange is that i can't reproduce it playing against bots..
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 11:27:15 PM by jackthompson » Logged
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2008, 12:42:50 AM »

I had it last night with sarge model (default doom guy) and cg_forceModel = 1

Maybe it's something about player prediction. Does the unlag code only influence instant-hit weapons or player movement too?

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2008, 07:31:02 AM »

Maybe it's something about player prediction. Does the unlag code only influence instant-hit weapons or player movement too?

Quake 3 has always used player prediction. Unlagged changes it a bit. But it is client side and does not explain 2 seconds stuck thing.

I think it is something about player prediction, but it is a very large subject. The error can be in multiple places: The player prediction code, the model selection, a wrong assumption about hitbox sizes or a combination of them all.

I don't think it is the unlagged code more the move of model selection (ie. the server might be doing hit calculation on the wrong model).

I'll try to reproduce it this evening. Maybe I'll know a lot more after that.

andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2008, 07:17:40 PM »

I don't think it is the unlagged code more the move of model selection (ie. the server might be doing hit calculation on the wrong model).
The engine uses a fixed sized axis-aligned bounding box for all player physics regardless of model.  If the model influenced the physics then everybody would use the shortest skinniest one.
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2008, 12:03:49 PM »

Double Domination Bugs:

I played Domination gametype against bots and encountered these problems. Some are just would nice to have.

There are no 2D Icons for Capturepoints A & B. Neither on loading screen nor ingame as cg_simpleItems existent. Especially on loading screen it looks disturbing to have ugly gray squares. It's okay to me to have no simpleItems for them as this works in CTF too.

In some CTF maps like oa_spirit3 (which is wrong to have in singleplayer campaign and DM gametypes btw) Capture Point B (Blue Base) is not visible when not taken by a team. It just becomes visible when a team claims this point so the blue B is showing up but rarely the gray one. This bug is easy to be reproduced. Just fire up the map without bots but the right gametype and walk into the blue base. You wont see any B.
I encountered this not in every CTF map but it occurs in more than one and oa_bases3plus3 doesn't work with Double Domination at all.

There should be an announcer to count the last three seconds (RED TEAM DOMINATING ... 3..2..1..RED TEAM SCORES). In general there could be more visual/audio feedback. At the moment game experience is pretty stale although I had a lot fun playing Domination.

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2008, 01:30:13 PM »

There are no 2D Icons for Capturepoints A & B. Neither on loading screen nor ingame as cg_simpleItems existent. Especially on loading screen it looks disturbing to have ugly gray squares.
I agree.

Also, I should state that i sometimes feel the audio announcer (that got changed in 0.7.0, if i remember right) a bit ununderstandable...
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2008, 04:17:50 PM »

Double Domination Bugs:

I played Domination gametype against bots and encountered these problems. Some are just would nice to have.

There are no 2D Icons for Capturepoints A & B. Neither on loading screen nor ingame as cg_simpleItems existent. Especially on loading screen it looks disturbing to have ugly gray squares. It's okay to me to have no simpleItems for them as this works in CTF too.
I had forgotten about simple items.

In some CTF maps like oa_spirit3 (which is wrong to have in singleplayer campaign and DM gametypes btw) Capture Point B (Blue Base) is not visible when not taken by a team. It just becomes visible when a team claims this point so the blue B is showing up but rarely the gray one. This bug is easy to be reproduced. Just fire up the map without bots but the right gametype and walk into the blue base. You wont see any B.
I encountered this not in every CTF map but it occurs in more than one and oa_bases3plus3 doesn't work with Double Domination at all.
Hyrdronex has this bug too. But I noticed it in Hydronex before the game shipped and it was removed from the maplist. I'm not sure about the reason but I guess it is something about moving an entity a little.

There should be an announcer to count the last three seconds (RED TEAM DOMINATING ... 3..2..1..RED TEAM SCORES). In general there could be more visual/audio feedback. At the moment game experience is pretty stale although I had a lot fun playing Domination.
The missionpack will properly have its own way of drawing it. I have some plans for the baseoa too...

jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2008, 10:29:40 AM »

new bug, very easy to reproduce.

1) start a single player game in tier 1 (probably works in other tiers too), eg in oa_rpg3dm2.

2) type fraglimit 1 in the console, so you don't have to wait the end of the match. the match will soon end...

3) click on "menu".

4) go in the "skirmish" menu, select a game mode (eg: capture the flag) and a map (doesn't matter what one)

5) wait some seconds without clicking on "fight".

on my mac it starts a game of the chosen mode (ctf) on the old map (oa_rpg3dm2).

on my mac this happens with any build of the client (the current one or the 0.7.0 one) and only using 0.7.6 baseoa.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2008, 04:53:56 PM »

@jackoverfull:
You are right. That is easy to reproduce.

About the stuck player thing:
The only thing in the unlagged code that moves player are serverside player prediction... but since I cannot reproduce the error offline it is hard to see if it is the sinner.

It can also be an ioquake change.

And finally... does anyone know what sv_fps is on the servers with the stuck problem and weather or not it affects it?

andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2008, 11:14:39 PM »

It can also be an ioquake change.
There is something in the ioquake svn logs about an "AABB collision optimisation", that's the first thing I'd check if I knew this code well.
kilgore
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2008, 03:28:23 AM »

small bug in the CTF map czest2ctf.

When you get the rail gun and look out the sniper window, you can no longer see all the way to the other teams sniper window.  Now there is fog in the way.  The old version allowed you to see and duel with the other sniper or see who is coming on the upper level.  Small but annoying bug!
skankychicken
Lesser Nub

Cakes 1

OpenArena 1.0.0 - /cg_roaminganimals 1 ; /cg_flipf

« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2008, 10:40:16 PM »

My name changes itself when I connect to server but changes back to my old conig name. I used 0.76 without hot fix and clear cookies but still the same. I ran spybot search and destroy but then I cannot conect to pure servers, spybot program says i rock.

BCH32
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2008, 05:01:16 AM »

0.7.6 VM_Free(ui) error.

Hello all,
I run oa under winxp without problem.
 And I play Quake3 MOD (truecombat et Westernq3) lounch with  [openarena.exe +set fs_game truecombat]
The MOD works fine (only few missing textures in truecombat) BUT
when I quit the game I have an error window with :

VM_Free(ui) on running vm. Copy console log to clipboard?
oui/non

This is the log :

ioq3+oa 1.35_SVN1288M win_mingw-x86 Apr 11 2008
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Documents and Settings\user01\Application Data\OpenArena/truecombat
C:\Program Files\openarena-0.7.6\truecombat\pak5.pk3 (525 files)
C:\Program Files\openarena-0.7.6\truecombat\pak3.pk3 (1348 files)
C:\Program Files\openarena-0.7.6\truecombat\pak2.pk3 (5 files)
C:\Program Files\openarena-0.7.6\truecombat\pak1.pk3 (136 files)
C:\Program Files\openarena-0.7.6\truecombat\pak0.pk3 (1767 files)
C:\Program Files\openarena-0.7.6\truecombat\map_pak1.pk3 (964 files)
C:\Program Files\openarena-0.7.6\truecombat\map_pak0.pk3 (191 files)
C:\Program Files\openarena-0.7.6/truecombat
C:\Documents and Settings\user01\Application Data\OpenArena/baseoa
C:\Program Files\openarena-0.7.6\baseoa\pak7-patch.pk3 (8 files)
C:\Program Files\openarena-0.7.6\baseoa\pak6-misc.pk3 (204 files)
C:\Program Files\openarena-0.7.6\baseoa\pak5-TA.pk3 (15 files)
C:\Program Files\openarena-0.7.6\baseoa\pak4-textures.pk3 (1720 files)
C:\Program Files\openarena-0.7.6\baseoa\pak3-music.pk3 (1 files)
C:\Program Files\openarena-0.7.6\baseoa\pak2-players.pk3 (610 files)
C:\Program Files\openarena-0.7.6\baseoa\pak2-players-mature.pk3 (234 files)
C:\Program Files\openarena-0.7.6\baseoa\pak1-maps.pk3 (89 files)
C:\Program Files\openarena-0.7.6\baseoa\pak0.pk3 (988 files)
C:\Program Files\openarena-0.7.6/baseoa

----------------------
8805 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
execing q3config.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
----- Client Initialization -----
----- Initializing Renderer ----
-------------------------------
QKEY found.
----- Client Initialization Complete -----
----- R_Init -----
SDL_Init( SDL_INIT_VIDEO )... OK
Initializing OpenGL display
Estimated display aspect: 1.250
...setting mode 3: 640 480
Using 8/8/8 Color bits, 24 depth, 0 stencil display.
^3Can't get list of available modes
GL_RENDERER: RADEON XPRESS Series x86/SSE2
Initializing OpenGL extensions
...ignoring GL_S3_s3tc
...using GL_EXT_texture_env_add
...using GL_ARB_multitexture
...using GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array
...ignoring GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic

GL_VENDOR: ATI Technologies Inc.
GL_RENDERER: RADEON XPRESS Series x86/SSE2
GL_VERSION: 2.0.6120 WinXP Release
GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_ARB_multitexture GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_S3_s3tc GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_fragment_program

GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite

GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_shadow_ambient GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression

GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float

GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_blend GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program

GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_envmap_bumpmap GL_ATI_fragment_shader GL_ATI_separate_stencil

GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_ATI_vertex_streams GL_ATIX_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATIX_texture_env_route

GL_ATIX_vertex_shader_output_point_size GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract

GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_pixels

GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap

GL_EXT_texgen_reflection GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_combine

GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_rectangle

GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_vertex_shader GL_HP_occlusion_test GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_occlusion_query GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_SGI_color_matrix

GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_multitexture GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays

GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_extensions_string WGL_EXT_swap_control
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE: 2048
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS_ARB: 8

PIXELFORMAT: color(24-bits) Z(24-bit) stencil(0-bits)
MODE: 3, 640 x 480 windowed hz:N/A
GAMMA: hardware w/ 0 overbright bits
rendering primitives: single glDrawElements
texturemode: GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST
picmip: 1
texture bits: 0
multitexture: enabled
compiled vertex arrays: enabled
texenv add: enabled
compressed textures: disabled
Initializing Shaders
----- finished R_Init -----
------ Initializing Sound ------
Loading "OpenAL32.dll"...
Allocated 96 sources.
OpenAL info:
  Vendor:     Creative Labs Inc.
  Version:    1.1
  Renderer:   Software
  Extensions: EAX EAX2.0 EAX3.0 EAX4.0 EAX5.0 EAX3.0EMULATED EAX4.0EMULATED AL_EXT_OFFSET AL_EXT_LINEAR_DISTANCE AL_EXT_EXPONENT_DISTANCE
  Device:     Generic Software
Available Devices:
Generic Hardware
Generic Software
Sound initialization successful.
--------------------------------
Loading vm file vm/ui.qvm...
VM file ui compiled to 872016 bytes of code
ui loaded in 2543168 bytes on the hunk
UI menu load time = 481 milli seconds
UI menu load time = 183 milli seconds
11 bots parsed
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
Winsock Initialized
Opening IP socket: localhost:27960
Hostname: MERLIN
IP: 195.168.10.02
UI error cant find any model
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
----- CL_Shutdown -----
----- CL_Shutdown -----
militanz
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2008, 04:14:42 AM »

nobody cares at my other topic :/ so i'll try here:

I live with another guy and we installed both OA 0.7.6. Now when we try to play on a server we can't: If I join first i can play until he try to connect; after that i get CONNECTION INTERRUPTED and he couldn't connect. The same if he join first. Once, when he was playing and i tried to join all the graphics fuc*ed up:/. We noticed that in every OA server (Like Test 0.7.6 and others). Playing on a LAN server (not internet) works and play in different servers works too. Any solutions?
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2008, 05:39:04 AM »

@andrewj
Thanks for that. I actually thought it was included in 0.7.0 but I can see it wasn't. It has been disabled in EliminationB19, but I cannot see if it solves anything.

@BCH32
I think it is caused by a non-existent model. In that case it would be a bug if the engine did not complain.

@militanz
Did it work with 0.7.0/1? Are you behind a router because it does sound like a NAT-problem.

militanz
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2008, 05:47:46 AM »

Yes we are behind a router but it worked perfectly with oa 0.7.0 and .1.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: