Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: still get the "wrong game folder" msg  (Read 9438 times)
AiMe
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: April 23, 2008, 06:03:26 PM »

hi i searched the forum but i only found old threats .still get the "wrong game folder" msg. is there a way to bypass this error ? i have the newest version of OA 7.6 .. is it maybe that the servers i tried do use a older version of OA ? thanks for the help Smiley
<< ME >>
i claim to be leilol and i think every forum is a public and free speech venue

Cakes -2

0Wn ME iF yOu Can!!!

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 06:05:03 PM »

is it maybe that the servers i tried do use a older version of OA ? thanks for the help Smiley

Yes, lets wait a couple of months (I hope not so long) to the servers to get updated. Cheesy

"uh.. FREE SPEECH?? does it make any sense to you??
Deleting posts and locking topics is just the same as banning"
pikaunforgiven
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 02:19:13 PM »

ya, just have both 0.7.1 and 0.7.6 installed separately for the time being until the majority of the servers have updated. they will both share the same 3rd party maps and mods so the drive space wasted should be rather minimal.
the majority of the active servers should be updated within two weeks or so i would imagine.
AiMe
Nub

Cakes 0

:)
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 08:29:14 PM »

...done the same ... ta for your answer ... had a few very nice games with the 7.1 release ....peeps if u cant find a server then reinstall the 7.1 release and enjoy the fun .. Q3 OA is a nice gift... enjoy ..AiMe24/7
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 10:35:19 AM »

ya a LOT of servers are still running the old version. I have found maybe 3 total that work with the new version of OA, but I get horrible ping there.

If I was a server admin I'd keep things current...

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
skankychicken
Lesser Nub

Cakes 1

OpenArena 1.0.0 - /cg_roaminganimals 1 ; /cg_flipf

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 03:32:04 PM »

YOU ARE THE 10000 PERSON TO POST THIS ISSUE - PLEASE PM ADMINS FOR YOUR FREE LAPTOP AND SOLUTION Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: