Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Hak] Alpha Arena dm map  (Read 10240 times)
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« on: October 12, 2008, 02:11:08 AM »

This was a quick play-with Stilgar's new textures

not committed yet
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 06:08:57 AM by fromhell » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Stilgar
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 05:29:35 PM »

Not a bad start, looks like the textures are working in-game pretty well.  Bear in mind, I have more textures upcoming soon as I transfer the rest of the stuff over from my other computer and get it prepared.  If there's any particular variant you think would be useful (like a sandy-colored version of totmtrim1 to go with the area in shots 3 and 4, perhaps) let me know.
epicgoo

Cakes 5

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 03:37:11 AM »

what about using oa textures?
Stilgar
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 08:23:50 PM »

Well, there are a few in there that might work I suppose.  I think the main concerns would be fitting a fantasy theme (oa seems more oriented towards techno) and being able to survive the downsampling in size/color.  I could play around with converting some of them (pretty sure a few might work) but fromhell will have to make the final say on that first before I put any great amount of time into it, and I'll want to finish converting the textures I've already got made first.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 10:11:21 PM »

no

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
epicgoo

Cakes 5

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 02:41:27 AM »

Well, there are a few in there that might work I suppose.  I think the main concerns would be fitting a fantasy theme (oa seems more oriented towards techno) and being able to survive the downsampling in size/color.  I could play around with converting some of them (pretty sure a few might work) but fromhell will have to make the final say on that first before I put any great amount of time into it, and I'll want to finish converting the textures I've already got made first.
haha yeah they do look ugly at low resolutions(when the color depth is also low).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: