Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Few Questions  (Read 6091 times)
allanlw
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: November 14, 2008, 07:21:26 PM »

I'm working on a map, and I've run into some problems, so I decided to ask them here.

1. when ever I create water/a liquid, the brush looks correct, but it remains solid. I've tried all the different methods of making a liquid that I could find on Google.

2. How do I add bots to my map?

3. What are the criteria for getting my map included into openarena?

4. this isn't applicable to my map, but I was looking at the sources for a lot of the others, and why aren't the non-visible sides of those maps caulked? (ex. fan)

If it makes a difference I'm just using q3map instead of OA map (I didn't have an oamap)
Speaker
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 03:13:14 AM »

Question 1:
You make the brush and apply a water texture to all faces of the brush. These can be found in the directory 'liquids'. Be careful to select a texture which has a WHITE border around it in the GtkRadiant texture browser (e.g. 'clear_calm1'). The white border means that it is actually a shader which specifies 'surfaceparm water' in its script.

Question 2:
When the map is compiled to a bsp file, run BSPC as follows:

bspc.exe -forcesidesvisible -bsp2aas [drive]:\[path]\mapname.bsp

where 'mapname' is the name of your map. This will produce the file '[drive]:\[path]\mapname.aas'. You must include this file into the final PK3, in the directory 'maps'.
BTW, PK3 files are standard format ZIP files, they can be manipulated for example by Total Commander.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: