Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: frcchaos1 beta release  (Read 10152 times)
onykage
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« on: December 07, 2008, 11:02:52 PM »

Here is it.  The first re-release of one of my chaos style maps.  This map is in beta status.  I still have a large list of bugs & issues to fix.  Please see the gaglist at the bottom when you report problems and bugs.  Please post your comments so I can add any neccesary changes to the list.

frcchaos1* - The Fever Express

*chaos maps. 
large extremely fast passed ffa/tdm maps designed for large player counts.

credits:
Textures & Shaders by: Onykage
Models by: id (q3a recycled)
Level Design by: Onykage
Music by: Vexatrex

Click here to download the map

gaglist:
ambient lighting
finish *ish style models to replace the original q3 ones.
add in weapon spawner shaders
bot hints needed to allow bots to get railguns and quad
realign & scale meshes on second tier
add/edit area portals on lower tier near pool trap
refine teleport in pool
add in the "grinder" for the misc portal dest for trigger death
add in the final cut of the map soundtrack
fix tdm/ffa spawners.

please post any other bug, problems or suggestions.

thanks.  & Enjoy.

I should have a final release ready sometime middle of next week assuming i get my models finished by then.

the maps name for this release is "frc_chaos1"  the final release will have the underscore removed.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 07:22:27 AM by onykage » Logged
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 03:20:47 AM »

very nice! i don't have time to playtest today but i sure will!

i'm also working on a ffa/tdm map, but it's not as open as this one.
we need more fun ffa maps and especially tdm maps!

edit: oh, well - real life had to wait 20 minutes.

i played two skirmishes 5v5 tdm and a ffa with 12 players on hardcore... and it was intense Smiley

some thoughts:
* i guess it's intentional that the body of players falling to their death gets teleported to the top and then dropping from there? but i just couldn't figure out why?
* when i got the bfg i had far too long killing sprees, imo it's a bit too much with two bfg ammo boxes on the low floor. but it may be dependent on the bots.
* maybe it's a bit too close between the megahealth and the red armour? i often got them both just seconds apart.
* and in the ffa mode with 12 bots i didn't have to move around very much i got the last 20 kills in the same spot just waiting for bots to spawn (the spawn in the middle of rocket launcher, mega health and red armour) - maybe a couple of more spawnpoints wouldn't hurt? especially if the map is designed for large player counts.

oh, and i realise now that i never used the corridors, that goes around the map, at all. how do i get there? time to play again.

looking forward to the final version!

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 04:17:23 AM by pulchr » Logged
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 04:13:46 AM »

Nice. ^^
You should tell them the same you told me: you'll be replacing those Q3A models by your owns. Tongue
I like this map.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
onykage
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 07:21:55 AM »

i did.  Its in the gaglist. 

I'll add the mega timer to the tdm list.  only one set is supposed to spawn for tdm mode.  I also keep more details on my private forum/site.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 07:24:30 AM by onykage » Logged
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 09:59:07 AM »

I like this map \Cheesy/

Yes more TDM stuff please.. are they actually any TDM maps in OA? I have always had a bunch of custom maps in baseoa so I wouldn't know an OA map by name if it didn't start with OA_
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 02:13:31 PM »

In general all maps are TDM combatible. It's just your preference.

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 01:49:43 AM »

Same with q3.. all maps are compatible with most gametypes.. but only dm6/7/13 (maybe a couple of others) were popular with TDM servers.

The preference maybe not necessarily be a individual preference. Some great maps like q3dm5 which also has really nice detail work really wellbut totally crap when you have railjump mods as an example, but not an issue on dm6/7 (maybe because of the diversity when entering various sections of map)
feLiZ_naVidAD
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 10:13:46 AM »

Not Found

The requested URL /files/games/openarena/maps/frc_chaos1.pk3 was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Whatever i say in this post is true unless fromhell said otherway. In that case I disagree with what I just wrote. I meant to write what fromhell said.
-------
I also would like to add that im not a chick. I use this model coz i like the thong of the sorceress when i die (witch rarely happens) Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: