Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Machine Gun - Where's the love?  (Read 6675 times)
Noob Sauce
Lesser Nub

Cakes 1

« on: December 26, 2008, 12:36:42 PM »

I've noticed that the for some reason, Machine gun users don't drop their weapon when killed. I'm wondering if this is because it's the starting weapon or what, but a lot of maps lack ammo for the MG anyway. Is the machine gun just not that good of a weapon? I notice people tend to use Machine Gun, Shotguns, and the Grenade Launcher as "desperation weapons" rather than as their preferred weapon.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 03:37:51 PM »

This may be even more true since Missionpack.
Maybe newly coming maps are giving too much variety in their weapons.

Play ctf4ish, you'll see shotgun and machinegun have some use Wink

Todo: Walk the cat.
PsYthe
Lesser Nub

Cakes 8

Obey 37.

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 04:35:41 PM »

It's not too good of a weapon to spawn with, but it's too good to get if you kill someone who spawned with it every time. Instead, machine gun ammo should be available at least somewhat on maps. On space maps like ctf4ish, thank god there's no MG ammo. It can be a useful weapon and it should be possible to reload it on just about every map just like every other weapon.

Snickersnack

Cakes 1

obnoxious OA fan

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 12:06:35 AM »

The machine gun is a great finishing weapon. I'd use it more but since you spawn with it I don't want to annoy people.

Shotgun rules cramped spaces. Grenades are gold for clearing a room or making a retreat

Q3a has no useless weapons. The only desperation weapon is the one you're using instead of the one you want.
dash9

Cakes 6

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 02:22:59 PM »

So why is the MG not dropped when a player using it dies?

I found a great camping place: the enemy base!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: