Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feature Request: Keep Frags/Stats on Team change + Autoteam-Balance  (Read 9833 times)
SiliciuS
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: February 03, 2009, 11:20:03 AM »

Just because its so annoying that some people always join the winning team even if they are already larger in number I'd like to see some sort of Autobalance after a grace period. Say like this:
Teams become unbalanced: server issues warning
- no one cares for 30 seconds or so: random player from larger team is put into smaller team

To make this less "evil" I'd also like to request a feature that lets you keep your personal stats (frags and played time) when switching teams.

Bye, SiliciuS
HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 02:49:57 PM »

Although the concept is good, i dont think it would be a good idea for the server to pluck ppl from one team and put it into another. That wouldnt be fair. The server is actually supposed to be provide a BOT to help balance the teams but this is up to the admins to set that up. I personally would just continue playing and take it as it comes. It really doesnt matter unless its an organized match in which it would be useless to have this feature. If the teams are unbalanced, then you can either continue and play to have fun, stop playing or inform everyone to balance teams and hope they adhere to it. Bottomline, I seriously doubt game dev will put in the time but you never know

P.S. I thought about this idea before, too then reality set in :-/

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 03:45:16 PM »

i think the Evil|Arena did it well.
iirc you start with an autojoin and you can not join a team which has more players than the other.
is this ok for you? if so: contact Panic @ the Evil-Site.
SiliciuS
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 04:12:48 PM »

Although the concept is good, i dont think it would be a good idea for the server to pluck ppl from one team and put it into another. That wouldnt be fair. The server is actually supposed to be provide a BOT to help balance the teams but this is up to the admins to set that up. I personally would just continue playing and take it as it comes. It really doesnt matter unless its an organized match in which it would be useless to have this feature. If the teams are unbalanced, then you can either continue and play to have fun, stop playing or inform everyone to balance teams and hope they adhere to it. Bottomline, I seriously doubt game dev will put in the time but you never know

Yeah well. I just know that I often experience the following scenario:
I play and suddenly I'm swarmed with other players in my own base and the other team has 3 captures advantage. You look an see that you're actually playing 3vs5 or worse. Then the "teams" shouts break out. By the time teams are balanced again one team has 4-5 captures more and the game is just about over. Many ppl seem to be very reluctant to change teams (because they loose their frags probably).

And honestly... Bots aren't much fun to play against (or with). ;-)

i think the Evil|Arena did it well.
iirc you start with an autojoin and you can not join a team which has more players than the other.
is this ok for you? if so: contact Panic @ the Evil-Site.

An automatic warning if one team has two or more players more than the other would be a first start. And being unable to join the larger team would also help. There is a surprising number of players that seem to always join the leading team, even if that team already has >2 more players than the loosing one...
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 04:42:31 PM »

And being unable to join the larger team would also help.
This function already exists but few servers use it.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
SiliciuS
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 04:45:14 PM »

And being unable to join the larger team would also help.
This function already exists but few servers use it.

Apparently as I never encountered it. ;-)
HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 10:30:42 AM »

I think the xbattle mods are pretty good with displaying "teams" and other things but these mods arent used on a larger scale. Most of the popular server uses the baseoa mod for gaming.

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
JESUS SCOUSE
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 07:24:08 PM »

Auto balance is fine but for one very good reason.
Sometimes two or three good players can take on and beat seven or eight mediocre players. Some clans like to play like this for practise.
Auto balance would spoil this.
I enjoy playing overwhelming odds too. You can still have fun even if your losing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: