Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: oa_minia modifications  (Read 60005 times)
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2009, 03:09:45 PM »

- Performance improvements.
-- Restructured the hint brushes. To gain better r_speeds in the more open parts of the map.

http://www.linxonline.co.uk/devel/OA/zoa_minia_1_4.pk3
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2009, 02:25:46 AM »

Gave it a try on TDM and Double Domination.
Still the stairs are a bit too high for me in one of the rooms, but thats okay. Keep it.

Shot1: Z-fighting issue. Why not replacing this with more suitable textures.

Shot2: Sky looks nice but is it intended to be blurry?

Shot3: Spawn entity problem or was it a mod issue I used (oax41)

Shot4: Please clip these bars so I do not get stuck while strafejumping through the corridor.

One thing about the Double Domination Points: They are pretty close to those jump pads. First I was a bit annoyed but in the end you have to learn airrockets to defend the points. Another one: a few more player spawn points would be nice.

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2009, 07:52:48 AM »

I'm unable to replicate a variety of your bugs cosmo.

Shot1: The z-fighting issue does not happen here, or on any of the other weapon placement zones.

Shot2: Your not getting the appropriate sky texture.

The spawning zones where touching the ground brush so I've moved them up a bit.

The bars are clipped. From my testing they should push you out to the side.

Update:
A few more brush tweaks, to clean the geometry up.
Modified DD spawn points, raised them off the ground.

http://www.linxonline.co.uk/devel/OA/zoa_minia_1_5.pk3
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2009, 07:58:01 AM »

cosmo's second shot is a shader problem rather than a map bug. Look at oasky.shader => skies/moonsky, look for the detail line in one of the stages and delete it. It happens with hydronex & hydro2 too.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2009, 12:24:17 AM »

@NK: Of course its a shader problem. So my question is: why? The map should run fine with vanilla OA. Did you miss to include anything or should I try SVN version for testing?
Btw: spawn bug still exists in latest release, kit89. Do a double domination game with bot_minplayers 3+ and check the spawnpoint where this round shadow is cast. Even without any mod sometimes bots get stuck there.

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2009, 07:03:04 AM »

I'm using OpenArena0.8.1 vanilla.

I'm also unable to recreate the spawn problem.

Does anyone else have these problems?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2009, 08:53:58 AM »

@NK: Of course its a shader problem. So my question is: why? The map should run fine with vanilla OA. Did you miss to include anything or should I try SVN version for testing?
That, like kit89 said, is a 0.8.1 problem. And it only happens with r_detailtextures 1. I've submitted the change to the SVNC thread.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2009, 09:17:01 AM »

That, like kit89 said, is a 0.8.1 problem. And it only happens with r_detailtextures 1. I've submitted the change to the SVNC thread.

I can confirm that having r_detailTextures 0, causes the white, blurring sky. Setting r_detailTextures 1, displays the sky appropriately.

I can also confirm that removing the 'detail' line, resolves the problem.
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2009, 07:44:25 AM »

- Restructured some brush work. Overall cleaner.

http://www.linxonline.co.uk/devel/OA/zoa_minia_1_7.pk3
davidd
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

[Z] server maintainer

« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2009, 06:40:48 AM »

tried it a week ago, liked it.
tried it just now (version 1_7 ) and i dont really like it in this version.

It has become to much 1v1 melee, and to little FFA i think. Maybe you can make an pro-oaminia for the 1v1 (with MH on quadplace) and keep the normal oaminia for FFA

but let me start with the trivial bug: the levelshot shows a plasma ammo in the center of the screen, but on that spot is now an shotgun.

You deleted lots of hp out of this map. I agree that the 4x 25 on the toplevel can be reduced to 2x25, but you also removed the hp near the rocket platforms.
For deathmatch this is to little i think. in total you removed 6 of the 10  25hp's and only added only a few 5hp's (or did you move those?)

Same for the weapons. In a 1v1 there may be to much weapons on this map, but for FFA it is a bit to little. It sucks in FFA to constantly die before you get a decent weapon. In the 081 version there is a rocket and a shotgun in both staircases, so that gives the most important weapons for noobs real easy.

I think the lightning position is fine, but i would like holes in the ceiling there.

I think the RA was more fun in the 081 version. (screenshot10 where the rocket explodes) I would suggest platforms above where the Railgun is now, (and mirrored) and put the rail and the RA on those.

I dont quite understand how to attach screenshots to this post. Screenshot4: On the railgun side if you aim down the hallway towards the staircase, it is downhill, which makes railing a bit to easy, while on the shotgun side, you aim uphill, which is more difficult (hope i fix the screenshots to explain that) a bit unbalanced i think.

screenshot9: Last point. On the railgun side the frame is blown up, on the shotgun side it isnt. It is very easy to jump onto the blownup frame, but the intact frame is a bit higher and impossible to jump. This feels a bit inconsitent, but that is a minor detail.

Openarena, the freedom to contribute and extend.
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2009, 11:01:03 AM »

- Added in some extra ammo & weapons, for DM & TDM.

http://www.linxonline.co.uk/devel/OA/zoa_minia_1_8.pk3
davidd
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

[Z] server maintainer

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2009, 08:01:48 AM »

I really really like the improvements.

Thanks Kit89.

Openarena, the freedom to contribute and extend.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2011, 06:29:17 AM »

I've done some entity-editing tests with this map, and I've found it to be extremely versatile. The non-symmetry allows for FFA and 1on1 matches a la q3tourney2/q3dm1, but this one can also work very well in small matches in CTF-based modes (CTF, 1FCTF, Harvester, Overload, DD) because of the pseudo-symmetry.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: