Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [OAA & ToxicoPC 1on1 Tournament] Demos & Screenshots  (Read 7204 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« on: February 16, 2009, 11:41:32 AM »

We had a 1on1 tournament a week ago, after months and months of delaying and a suspension of one for not enough players. :/ We're planning a new one soon (1on1 too) with another mappool (oa_rpg3dm2 will be the only map from this mappool) and some changes to rules.
These are the demos & screens of the first tournament we had here. Just don't expect nothing great, we have some forfeits and absences too, and there aren't many OA players here. U_U
This tournament was organized by both OpenArena Argentina and ToxicoPC. (A hardware & electronics site) I'm posting all the matches that were played.

The mappool was the following:

- bal3dm2_mod (A modified pak I've found on a server once which contains some of the missing textures)
- blitzkrieg2 (My retex of boczeq's blitzkrieg map)
- oa_rpg3dm1 (andrewj's retex of oa_rpg3dm1, this was the version used in the tournament, I don't know if the actual one is the same version)
- oa_rpg3dm2

These were the matches. All of them were played with baseoa. I didn't took screens from the first two matches. (it was my fault):

Qualification: Map: bal3dm2_mod

Neonahu 16-0 ElSheriff
Mistico LM - WM Purecito
Fedee WM - LM Riojano1
Lucas 8-22 Mr.X
kittu LM - WM Warrior_oF_Byte

Quarterfinals: Map: blitzkrieg2

Neonahu 19 - 3 Neon_Knight - (Demo FOV Neon_Knight)

Fedee WM - LM Purecito

Pekalion 12 - 20 Mr.X

Warrior_oF_Byte 9 - 12 rhpsystems

Semifinals: map: oa_rpg3dm1
Neonahu 15 - 5 Fedee

Mr.X 17 - 7 rhpsystems

FINAL: map: oa_rpg3dm2
Neonahu 15 - 3 Mr.X

Pekalion was the fortunate spec of the final after a contest on OAA's MSN group. Cheesy

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 12:41:09 PM »

nice. what game/s were the non-oa players from.. q3?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 01:04:55 PM »

Well... the champion came from Q3, other players came from Urban Terror, others were totally newbies on FPS and others came from other games. There's a very big mixture too.

I'd like to note too that this was my first work as a tournament organizer, so I'm happy that the tourney have been well, despite the absences. :/
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 01:10:56 PM by |TXC| Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
RAZ3R
Bigger member

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 02:59:05 PM »

aww, didn't know about this tourney.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 05:22:51 PM »

That's because I thought on it as a "test tournament", but the next ones I promise I'll be posting here.
We're only beginning, despite our little quantity of players and the fact we haven't yet a dedicated server. (Outside of AR our pings just suck so bad... -.- that's why I spect more than I play on Nemesis...)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 05:33:20 PM by |TXC| Neon_Knight » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: