Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The VoIP Thread! :D  (Read 5362 times)
kick52

Cakes -1

« on: April 16, 2009, 05:13:19 AM »

I'm gonna get my mic set up, but no one will hear me unless they have VoIP enabled.
To enable VoIP, go into console and "/s_useOpenAL 1; /cl_voip 1"
You also need have your network settings set to broadband/highest.
Who's going to join me?

Hopefully lei will enable this by default or add a GUI menu in the next patch/version. (HINT HINT)
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 05:23:07 AM »

yes it would be helpful if it was available in the settings. i don't think many new players know about it. setting variables in configs or consoles isn't exactly the most obvious way to do something Smiley
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 06:27:38 AM »

Hopefully lei will enable this by default or add a GUI menu in the next patch/version. (HINT HINT)
cl_voip and sv_voip is enabled by default (almost all servers support it unless they restrict network rate). s_useOpenAL is enabled too but most Windows users don't have openAL and Linux users might be bound to the wrong version.

People need to bind a key but you can already do that in options somewhere.

The next version will restrict voip teamchat by default in teamgames, making it more useful for cooperation.

There are 3 things that stops voip from working:
1. openAL is needed for recording sound (ioquake3 might allow the default SDL sound later, but recording is apparently a problem). OpenArena does no longer ship with an openal.dll
2. Rate must be set to 25000 and the server must allow a rate of 25000. Might be a too high requirement a ISDN or Wireless connection should be enough.
3. Legacy binaries does not support voip.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: