Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Bot Chat  (Read 91125 times)
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2011, 04:41:08 AM »

Ah, I see.

Well, if I really would look into it, I might realize it on my own, but thanks for the explanation. BTW, in the last update, I added in the B segment into q3chat as well, might worth a mention.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2011, 06:24:28 AM »

Just so you know... Tongue

0.8.8 final has a lot of bots because the game at this point has a lot of FFA maps, but don't worry. 0.9.0 and/or OA3 will have way less bots because there will be less maps, so we might as well work on just a few bots.

It's better that way, less work to worry about.

(The SP of that topic will suffer a huge overhaul after 0.8.8 is released)

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2011, 07:34:31 AM »

Far less maps? Far less bots? :-/

That does not sound very good... :-/

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2011, 08:11:27 AM »

It's because of the removal of the tribute maps. (They go into a separated tribute pack)

Most of the FFA maps are tribute maps, anyway. Without them, the amount of FFA maps goes to 23/24 maps.

Also, we need the space in arenas.txt. We've reached the limit.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:47:43 AM by Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2011, 02:35:22 PM »

Maybe there should be some kind of "community pack" which includes some of the not well fitting maps too (regarding to the mainline concept).
So you would be able to install oa and 2 further expansion packs.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2011, 03:26:01 PM »

There's already a Tribute pack in the works (It contains the maps as seen in 0.8.alien plus some changes)

It's only available by compiling it via SVN, though.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: