Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenArena, a community of neat players ^^  (Read 20848 times)
GoD|Ston3r
Nub

Cakes 6

OooH my GoD ! ! !

« on: December 09, 2009, 05:43:18 AM »

Hi there!

For those who doesn't know we (GoDs) have start a list of all clans (with website) and members in Wink

You can found it ---> here <---, feel u free if u start a new team, got new members, has some members inactive or who left, get a new website or just wanna fix your name or your color to post a comment there Wink even if all it's ok it will be great to have your confirmation :
- yes,all it's ok >< no, i have to add...

Thanks!

We have a short but very friendly one communauty, help us to get closer Grin

Any help or comment welcome ^^

Regards,

GoD|Ston3r

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 07:33:18 AM »

Wow, it ain't a short list, nice job Cheesy! Maybe it's time, to start a "Community" section on the OA Wiki with this list, and some other infos, like Steam group, Facebook group etc. With an open wiki you also solve the problem of constant changing clans and members.

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
Airwolf
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 08:31:22 AM »

Weeeee, I'm there! And my colors are correct too!! Thx!

BTW there is no PL member called expectro, so you can pretty much remove that one Cheesy
GoD|Ston3r
Nub

Cakes 6

OooH my GoD ! ! !

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 09:33:24 AM »

Maybe it's time, to start a "Community" section on the OA Wiki with this list, and some other infos, like Steam group, Facebook group etc.

Sound good and i have already think of it, but has not time right now (exams) Wink

BTW there is no PL member called expectro, so you can pretty much remove that one Cheesy

A fake so Grin because i'm sure i see him! ---> Removed! Smiley

GoD|Ston3r
Nub

Cakes 6

OooH my GoD ! ! !

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 11:11:38 AM »

I have just started to insert on the same topic the YouTube channel of the players who have some video of OpenArena (you can open each channel by opening the picture : ) I fu have one just share it on the topic Wink and i will add u!

Regards,

Ston3r

MIOW
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

I play to win.

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 12:13:43 AM »

GJ man, keep it up Smiley
kernel panic
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 09:46:41 AM »

Impressive, and you've got the colours right!
GoD|Ston3r
Nub

Cakes 6

OooH my GoD ! ! !

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 04:20:19 PM »

Thanks Wink And yes the color should be ok (at least it's one u already use, sure if u change everyday it's different)

I have just started to insert on the same topic the YouTube channel of the players who have some video of OpenArena (you can open each channel by opening the picture : ) I fu have one just share it on the topic Wink and i will add u!

Was thinking more players have a youtube channel..

GoD|Ston3r
Nub

Cakes 6

OooH my GoD ! ! !

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 05:13:41 PM »

I started a new clan so the old post is not more updated by me...

You will find the new one :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help us to update

> The overview of the whole clan players community is only based on « member list » founded in the related website and some speak.

> Only the players who still play OA sometimes are written!

> They can be some mistake, keep this in mind and never look the to say one of your member is on another clan, maybe it's just us which forgot to update!

> The « free players » area is really sum up

Regards, St0n3*r

GoD|Ston3r
Nub

Cakes 6

OooH my GoD ! ! !

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 08:54:30 AM »

After the list of current OpenArena players you can now learn more about them : we just start a topic where you can read introduction of the OpenArena players and... make your own ^^ don't be shy Wink [even if picture is fun, that is not a need if you are scared Tongue]

Hope to discover who are hidden under your nick : >> here <<

GoD|Ston3r
Nub

Cakes 6

OooH my GoD ! ! !

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 02:41:38 AM »

Hi there Wink

Just wanna let you know we started an 'Country' topic... a kind of international war  weglach LoL I joke a bit Wink Just look to understand : http://www.oa-revolution.eu/index/board/thread/where/261 Tongue

Ahhh and if you know a website about OA which are the main OA site for your country, just share it Cheesy

St0n3*r
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

Welcome in the ★revolution world :P

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 03:34:41 AM »

The OA list is still running at our website Wink

Anyways i joined wiki and edited team stuff with all links i know Smiley
Should be ok now, i don't think the missing one have a website already Cheesy

Btw.
1° Is there any list of things to do on wiki?
2° How that work? (i'm scared to change anything or post in silly area..)

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 09:38:37 AM »

What do you mean with the number 2°? Are you asking if your edits DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/OpenArena_Clan_Roster]there are okay?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
St0n3*r
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 11:21:34 AM »

For example yeah..
Another example : about the weapons, i posted stuff there with the pics i made, it could be nice idea to put DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Weapons]here.. but well there's already a post existing and who i am to say my stuff would be better ?  Wink

Dunno if you understand what annoy me with this ^ ^

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 01:29:23 PM »

Well, a page on a Wiki site is not technically "a post"... maybe an "article". Each page has got his own "talk page", (you find the link in the upper right corner) that people can use to discuss about the ways to improve the article. Let's say that one's edits in a talk page are like a "post", and that they have to be manually signed, using the apposite button or typing --~~~~ at the end of the post. The problem is that the Wiki site is not so populated and thus maybe not many people will partecipate to the discussion... anyway I'm used to check the Wiki quite regularly...

For your updates on the page about clans, they are okay. For the change of the existing stuff in the "Manual/Weapons" page, I'm not sure. Usually I prefer fix and add stuff to what is already existing, instead of re-writing it from scratch. But, if the info you propose is better... Let's think if we can merge the two pages, or if it is better to replace....

A thing: the stuff we are talking about has been written by you, not copy-pasted from somehere else, right?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
St0n3*r
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 02:33:29 PM »

The part under "..." are clearly copy paste..

Else it's own creation starting from read of :
i have read some things here in forum, some of wiki, some values from a quake 3 guide [AquaQuake3Guide.html] and QL infos where i adapt some value, add my personal knowledge and speak with some players & my mates of course...think it's all...ahh i also read the 'john camarck guide' Cheesy

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 02:40:49 PM »

QL, too? You know that Quake Live changed some weapons effects, right?

St0n3*r
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 04:08:57 PM »

Yep i'm unsure there's still stuff from QL on (at begin i had pics from there, coz i haven't make mine yet)
Btw last version is here it's still open and well as you see some people get infos, correction or help improve it Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 03:01:48 PM »

St0n3*r, if you want to contribute to the Wiki.... I say "thank you, man!"  Smiley
Even before putting in the text about the weapons, why don't you put in the images?

When you put in a screenshot of OpenArena, since the game is in GPLv2, I suppose the screenshot should be in GPLv2, too, and you are allowed to make changes ("derivative works"), until you use the same license and mention the authors (I suppose "OpenArena Team" for the game and your nickname for the screenshot you took): for example, you can create a png with transparent background (but I like also the map's floor in background, like DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/File:Railgun.png]here, it's not so bad), or mix more screenshots in a single image (for example, a screen for the weapons and one its effect when you shoot), etc.

When the image incorporates something that is not under a "free license" (free licenses are things like GPL, CC-BY, CC-BY-SA, GFDL - but remember that they require to mention the authors and the license itself-), like an additional map or a mod that is not released under a free license (remember that "freeware" -gratis software- is different than "free license", that allows to modify the object), it should still be possible to use it, but labeling it as "fair use". In this case, I usually write that "OpenArena is from OpenArena Team and relesed in GPLv2. XXXXXXX is from YYYYYYY (if I know the author). Screenshot taken by ZZZZZZ." and place the "fair use template". To respect "fair use" rules as much as possible, in this case it is better to do not create "derivative works" (do not modify the screenshot), and to use a "low resolution". "Low resolution" seems a quite vague concept... I suppose that when a program, like OpenArena, can create screenshots of many megapixels, a screenshot resolution of 640x480 should be "low" enough to respect "fair use" and high enough to be usable (and usually people will simply see the 200-300px "thumbnail" in the wiki page).

Again, the "low resolution" limitation does not apply to the completely GPLv2 images, that do not need "fair use". And allows derivative works... altough in theory, to complete follow the GPLv2 license, in case of multi-layer images (like if you add text), one should publish even the source image (like the .psd)... I hope we can skip this for just illustrate the Wiki...

DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/File:Cg_shadows.jpg]Here an example of the description/license I write when I use a screenshot completely with OpenArena stuff...
DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/File:AlternateFire_01_Lightning_web.jpg]And here an example of what I write when the screenshot incorporates third-party material that is not under GPLv2. I hope I do it in the right way....

If you were searching for some pages to create in the wiki... what about writing
* DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/index.php?title=Manual/Head-up_display]Manual/Head-up display
* DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/index.php?title=Manual/Head-up_display]Manual/Skirmish (maybe for this one you can somehow follow the first part of the DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Multiplayer]Manual/Multiplayer).[/size]

St0n3*r
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 07:10:37 AM »

Thx  Wink
Will take a look at this after week end

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 11:01:33 AM »

If you need some more info...

For texts, instead, Wikia uses only the CC-BY-SA license. From a side, this means that everyone can re-use its texts, but he has to share them under the same license and has to mention the authors (usually, a link to the Wikia page is enough)...
From the other side, if you want to "import" texts from outside into the wiki, they have to be in a "compatible" license (usually, Public Domain, CC-BY or CC-BY-SA, not the GFDL alone), mentioning the authors in the "subject" field and/or in the talk page of the article... If the texts you need are not under these licenses, you have to completely reword (reformulate) them...

http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Community_Central:Licensing

St0n3*r
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 06:19:48 AM »

Hello guys!
We have end our new OA list Smiley here.
Thanks to report mistakes : here.

We are now going to add also links to intros et pcs,
so i invit all of you to post (if it's not done yet) your intro here and your pc here Smiley
Pictures allowed Wink Don't be shy, already around 50 people make it ^^

-----
Don't forget to upload the link if you had the old one (i saw i was on some wiki, website,...)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: