Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: OA graphical design brainstorming  (Read 108563 times)
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2010, 04:52:08 PM »

I like it good job Udi. I really like the pic of gargoyle with the quake power up on the side
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2010, 03:47:36 AM »

I think this is the correct place to report a forum-bug.

With the current theme, if you use the [code] tag, it'll break the the site on Opera, probably on Chrome as well.

I've seen this on many pages, but 'til today I wasn't sure the source... until I putted up the bot-documentation with a code-tag.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2010, 05:13:33 AM »

Code:
AH AH I ANNOY WEBKIT USERS

Edit: can you screenshot ? I tried with midori and chromium-browser but I don't see problems.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2010, 06:44:21 AM »

I see now. Screenshot attached, I'll look into it! Chrome doesn't seem to be affected.

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2010, 04:48:28 AM »

Hi, are are going the things with the new website?

Can I suggest to add a direct link to the "manual" section of the Wiki, directly on the main page of the site?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2010, 05:40:49 AM »

Hi, are are going the things with the new website?

I've started to work on the boards theme, it will take at least 2 weeks before I can show something. If I can't find the time for it, then I'll release the sources, it only contains GPLv2 licensed or other open source things.

Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2010, 10:06:57 AM »

I see now. Screenshot attached, I'll look into it! Chrome doesn't seem to be affected.

Probably it's something with the div width. Chaoticsoldier's signature results the same.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2010, 12:58:24 PM »

A-ha! Thanks, now I know the problem. The overflow: auto parameter must be taken care of. I'll make a quick fix tonight or tomorrow.

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2010, 11:53:23 AM »

Sorry for the late reply, things got busy, and maybe I've overdone the bugfixing. I've tried to mix the current theme and the new theme which is still in development. The result can be viewed either on my site: http://udionline.hu/oatest (I've experienced frequent time-out errors, if you got one try again in 5mins.) or here are two screenshots: e107, smf (the screens are already on my new VPS, they should load more reliably).

• theme is more blue and dark
  • no brushed metal texture, no candy bars
  • logo and title on the e107 title page too
  • clicking the logo on the boards brings you to the e107 page
  • hard-to-see color/background variations fixed, color combination reduced
  • long code and long unwrapped string error fixed for Opera

That's all. The SMF theme caused a lot of headaches, it's still a complex tagsoup, but at least the unneeded things are sorted out, so finishing the new theme should be easier too. Any feedback is welcome.

Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2010, 12:46:38 PM »

Let's criticize :p

Of course it's just my opinion and I don't pretend the way I describe is the way it should be, it's just feelings and kinda intuitive Smiley

- On the overall it's both more sober and darker.
- I like the translucent menu bar, especially where the OA screenshot is visible.
- I don't know if the fading OA image in the background is of the best effect. I would have rather seen the screenshot fill the whole horizontal space (but not beneath the former candy bars), or eventually, seen the screenshot as part of another texture (a bit like we have with the current website theme).
- I would have seen the former candy bar (the candy effect is still a bit present Tongue) in a color different than the dark blue one, while being sober (something like grey ?).
- Linked to 2 previous points, it turned all dark blue maybe it could have been balanced with a secondary color (grey ?)
- I also like the transparent effect on the forum posts, even if it makes the texture tiling break.
- again maybe the forum is quite blue, I'd say it is okay as it is, but I wonder what would be the result if post tables were of some secondary color which distinguishes better from the primary color. I don't know how the template is designed, but if post table color is changed it may not be necessary to change other table colors, like the most at the bottom ones. (eventually, instead of the topics table, the background texture color could be changed, but I think it's better to keep that dark blue background texture)
- lateral circuit textures seem okay to me Tongue

I've been playing with a fluxbb 1.2/1.4 template recently, It's not so hard work code-wise, but I was not really competent at obtaining something satisfying color-wise Cheesy I'll continue to play a bit with some dokuwiki and maybe fluxbb templates because I kinda have to.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2010, 03:53:31 PM »

Again, I suggest to place a well-visible link to the "DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual]manual" of the game directly on the home page....

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2010, 01:05:41 AM »

Again, I suggest to place a well-visible link to the "DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual]manual" of the game directly on the home page....

I could do that on my test page, but I don't have access to OA's site. Adding menu entries should go through the e107 panel, adding an entry in the template is quite hackish. So I sent a PM to fromhell with your request.

Thanks Caca for your feedback!

Unfortunately I cannot advance with it this week, so I put up the sources:
All the sources are GPL, the only exception being Eric Meyer's CSS reset, which is public domain (thus compatible with GPL). If somebody wants to start working on it, I can provide access to the test page on my site (FTP or SSH user, MySQL user etc.), but first I have to migrate to my new VPS.

Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2010, 10:21:51 AM »

Update about the Opera vs. website bug.

Seems like Opera 11.00 fixed the overflow, if you couldn't modify it.

Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2011, 07:23:27 AM »

This topic turned to be a discussion around the website design, while its first intent was a brainstorm about OA's design. Could it be split ? (Or could guys or I get some moderation right to do that Cheesy)

Are: Dirty / Rusty / Industrial / Futuristic / Biomechanical / Monstery / Madly / Frightening / Bloody / Concrete... compatible with an Anime style ?
... or has it to look pastel colored with big gentle eyes ?

OA-FR website tried to be inspired by the 3 first, which was possible thanks to Trak textures.

I don't have a big culture in it so I'll stick to sci-fi classicals, but I find stuff from Moebius/Philippe Druillet/H.R.Giger quite inspirative.

Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2011, 07:24:44 AM »

This topic turned to be a discussion around the website design, while its first intent was a brainstorm about OA's design. Could it be split ? (Or could guys or I get some moderation right to do that Cheesy)

Are: Dirty / Rusty / Industrial / Futuristic / Biomechanical / Monstery / Madly / Frightening / Bloody / Concrete... compatible with an Anime style ?

OA-FR website tried to be inspired by the 3 first, which was possible thanks to Trak textures.

I don't have a big culture in it so I'll stick to sci-fi classicals, but I find stuff from Moebius/Philippe Druillet/H.R.Giger quite nice.

VortexHU
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2011, 01:32:06 PM »

you might try sketching out some ideas and posting them so people can see if they think the style can work.

— VortexHU —
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2011, 08:15:56 AM »

yeah, I was planning to make a more serious digging when I have time.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: