Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have some games for sale.. (with possible donation here).  (Read 10688 times)
Baba Owl
Nub

Cakes 2

« on: February 16, 2010, 01:32:33 PM »

Well I didn't know where else to go.. No stores take PC games, I looked online everywhere to sell them, it seems nobody wants them so I'm turning to a smaller group of online friends. Smiley

Most of these games are older but the best games of their time. I was thinking of letting them go around 5/10 dollars per game - depending on the title - I have the manuals for them and cases & everything, and they are in great/ new shape - as I have installed them only once, played and finished them & put them back into their places.

I'm also about to move out in a while so I had to throw out all the game boxes for space reasons. It'll really break my heart to throw all these brand new CDs/DVDs games in the trash because I have nowhere to put them and it isn't worth carrying them with me (as nobody/ stores wants them). I'm sure you understand my plight as I have nowhere to put them. Sad

I was thinking of selling them in the street but it's cold where I live (NYC) lol, and I could wait toward summertime or maybe get a license but thing is me and my wife we wanna move before then.

So, having said all that I think I may have found my crowd here - quite frankly, I'm looking for geeks such as myself that appreciate these rare treasures of PC games of their time. Now people are mostly in consoles and these meaningless games that don't mean much..

Soo.. since I'm not sure how this works and I don't want this to appear as spam - I'm certainly willing to donate something to the site and OA project that could certainly be used towards good and advancement of this game.

Thank you very much for your att.
-Baba. Smiley
Baba Owl
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 01:38:17 PM »

You can PM me to do *business* and I will set up a list here, so far these are the games I finished and ready to sell: (will add more l8r - this is just a starter list)

Halo2
King's Quest Collection
Doom3+Expansion Pack (Resurrection of Evil)
F.E.A.R. Director's Cut (all the Fear games incl.)

^ These I still do have game boxes for, I didn't throw them out yet lol.

Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Quake 4
Painkiller Gold Edition

I'll add more after I see what the interest is.. lol.

-Thanks.
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 02:05:49 PM »

Hmm... I think this post would have been better in the club nub section. Anyway, why don't you put them on eBay?

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
Baba Owl
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 04:12:30 PM »

I didn't know where to put it where it can quickly be viewed by the masses - I thought here it would get the biggest exposure but the topic can be freely moved, I don't mind.

eBay sounded like a good idea, which I actually found something better which is half.com (subsidiary of eBay) which actually lets you make postings for free.

Nobody is interested.

I figured that a smaller group of PC gamers would be more interested, as I said console games are the rage right now which are more hotly sought after.

I would be very sad to throw them in the trash if I have no choice, I might just sell them on the street (being kinda unusual) as last resort.

This is the last place I'm gonna make this announcement - I don't think anywhere else it'd tolerated, esp. other game forums etc..

Just looking for other passionate gamers that would be interested..

Thanks.
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 04:14:29 PM »

Now people are mostly in consoles and these meaningless games that don't mean much..

Message from a PS2 fighting-genre gamer: This genre is for consoles... and actually, consoles deserve the same respect that PC deserve. Because console is just a special PC.... after putting Linuxes to next-gens, I can't deny this.

BTW... is it possible to play OpenArena on a console with Linux on it?

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Baba Owl
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 04:16:35 PM »

Sure all games deserve respect - it's just that I have a LOAD of PC games lol that I don't know what to do with.

And why do my "cakes" read -1? lol
kernel panic
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 05:12:33 PM »

Do you have Quake III?
Baba Owl
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 09:17:18 PM »

No, sorry. Aside from those games I typed (shooting games) I have mostly strategy, adv. - stuff to look at relax & unwind. Smiley
Marble of Doom
Bigger member

Cakes 4

Caketastic

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 08:49:23 PM »

nothing for mac? you make me sad Sad

Baba Owl
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 09:50:50 PM »

No - sorry, I'm a PC gamer but I got of *good* games that been collected though..

I will look through my game chest of played games lol and add some more games here to the list since it seems there *is* some interest lol..

Off the top of my head I have two games that are nostalgia - I think they're so old they're collector's items and very hard to find. I'm kinda feeling sad letting them go, but I did play them and ah well.. I guess I don't really need them anymore.

They are "Indiana Jones & Fate of Atlantis" and Day of the Tentacle - I have the original adv. CDs in new condition, maybe I'll put them up for auction or something, they should be worth a mint - I think to be one of the sole owners of the Atlantis CD from 1992 that's quite a spectacle lol Cheesy
Baba Owl
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 10:04:14 PM »

For nostaliga & fun's sake hehe.. some screenies. Smiley

Martian
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 06:00:28 AM »

LucasArts = great adventures. It is sad that Grim Fandango, one of the best
games ever, was a financial failure.

Baba Owl
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 12:11:37 PM »

Yes and it sucks that a company/ies dropped doing these kind of games just because of that reason - but the sad part is that *it* is a business after all *sigh*

Baba Owl
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 12:26:56 PM »

I have that game too btw.. didn't get to play it yet, hehe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: