Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: AimBots :/  (Read 79032 times)
TheJoker
Nub

Cakes -3

« on: April 12, 2010, 02:59:38 PM »

I've started to notice an outbreak of AimBots, I've been in the server within 2 days... I'm not sure if there's a link going round to an AimBot for OA or it's simply just a coincidence that I played in matches with all 3 of them, the aim of this topic is to make you aware of the names of these Aimbots in order to recognise them immediately so they can be kicked and thus making all our game play much more enjoyable...

The two that I can remember is:
...DeathToScass.... (Something like that... he racked up 40 kills in a minute) Scassapille must be feeling pretty proud of himself right now to have an Aimbot dedicated to him o.O

GOOGLE - Once again racking up ALOT of kills in a short amount of time, forcing me to leave the damn server :/

List any others you're aware of.

Thanks

Kyle
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 03:45:32 PM »

LOL
googlebot...
if you have rcon, you have just to show him and he will turn off his bot.
Never heard about the other player, but nicks are not realy heavyly fakeble Smiley

On the other hand: there are programs around working for windows (dunno, if they work on other os now).
Aimbots, autoshooting, wall hacks and so on.

I fno admin is present i just leave the server and switch to a safer one.
Best server to be protected is smashs 3W-Insta - if you like playing insta of course Smiley
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 04:14:09 PM »

You talking about 40 kills in 1 minute reminds me of when I play a game against a dude named Kendul (I think  that was his name)got 50 kills in 2 minutes. Also another time one dudes aim just seemed a little too good  forgot his name but it had two blue Bs in it. Anyway when I specced them both it’s was like I was speccing a totally different person from the one I just when up against they started to miss shots and for some reason there movements got really sloppy and they just began to walk around. In any case I never saw them again I am think that maybe there where nervous, sandbagging or might have been using some cheats. Best thing to do is demo them and send it to the server admin.
BlankA.
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 11:08:39 PM »

Well I know there was 1 released about  6 months ago and is really easy to spot; As the bot doesn't have a toggle for both the aim & autoshoot. So it's constantly scanning and shooting at the target(s) making it really obvious and the cheater is all over the place.

For the most part good players have great movement, timing, aim etc.
So IMO if a guy has great aim and is moving around like a noob etc it's quite apparent he's got a bot.

Also; If the guy sucks at rockets but is a god at hitscan weaps that's another indicator.
jessicaRA
Lesser Nub

Cakes 16

Wild pony spotted derping around oasago2.

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 10:38:26 AM »

aimbotters i know of (off the top of my head):

n0skill
aka lord_harry
aka allcohcolic(?)
aka All

the top sign of his bot is its prediction code, it will kill itself when you are moving certain ways because it will try to predict rocket badly through floors lol

arch-rouge (is this also lord_harry?)

this ones bot and many others tend to lock on to the place they were last aiming at someone when they spawn and were aiming before death, i have no idea why but it happens and means they will be aiming through walls to the last place they aimed at while moving around unable to change view angle.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 01:22:33 PM »

u missed the greatest of all lol, google^bot

but does it matter who does it? We can't do a lot here i guess.
jessicaRA
Lesser Nub

Cakes 16

Wild pony spotted derping around oasago2.

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 01:40:33 PM »

yeah not much can be done i guess
Wiiyamoto
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 03:13:09 AM »

Not only that.... did you spectate them and make sure they were using it? I mean...I get 40 kills per minute and do not use aimbot :\ they could just be good players. However, there IS an aimbot problem...but you can't just assume someone is using an aimbot because of a high score :B

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
KILLIE THE GREAT
Lesser Nub

Cakes -6

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 01:36:29 PM »

I can think of a way to prove if someone is using aimbot. If you,ve speced a nightmare bot, and seen how they lock on to a target, im, sure u,ll see that aimbot works in a similar way.(assuming you'll get the chance to spec an aimbotter)But, just remember, some peoples natural aims are exstremely good.

KHOTANAS.... They waste precious RSA currency on top class clothing, then burn & tear is days later
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 03:14:37 PM »

Unfortunaly the bot coders make progress too.
I had saw a bot some days ago, which was realy hard to detect. It was an autofire bot with a rate of approx. 70% i would say.
But sometimes (maybe every 5th respawn?) the behaviour of the first aimbot known by me came up: after respawn he looked straight to the top of the map.

I guess, they will fix this sooner or later...
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 06:08:44 PM »

i made a thread yesterday about someone aimbotting me. his name was just unnamedplayer.(probly so ppl can't reconized him by name) the guy was clearly there just to try and make ppl mad so they would quit(he was constantly yelling insults and just talking trash in general). but i ended up going back to the server about 30 mins later and he was still there. He was godlike with some weapons(lightning,rail,machingun) but sucked with rockets. and the dude couldnt even strafe for sh*t! i ended up using rockets on him and he started using only rockets to try and kill me. I just stayed away from walls and i dont think he hit me once after that Grin he actually ended up calling ME the cheat and left. i cant tell you how happy that made me Cheesy

Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none!
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 08:09:17 PM »

Ah the old unnamedplayer arena god story where they talk big but in the end get owned. There is one I am currently wondering about not sure if he is good and legit or a cheater. waht gets me about him is if your legit then why hide behind the unnameplayer name? Also is there going to be something in the next release that forces you to actually pick a name.
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 08:29:17 PM »

There's a particular UnnamedPlayer in Europe who has mad skills and plays OA for a long time. But he is completely silent, so I don't think it's the same Unnamed.

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 12:09:26 AM »

(assuming you'll get the chance to spec an aimbotter)
That's why I put a youtube vid on showing one, so everyone can watch how it behaves without having the trouble of playing with one (and recognise it next time). Actually should have shown with more weapons though, now only had instagib.

Cakes 7

Is 7 up?

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 11:39:06 AM »

waht gets me about him is if your legit then why hide behind the unnameplayer name?

I think generally there are two reasons for playing anonymously. Firstly you've got some people trying to make a name for themselves in the scene which are scared of losing, so they tend to play unnamed and only switch to their real name after they've won a round. Secondly there are some (semi-)professional FPS-players who like playing just for fun now and then and they tend to hide their true identity also.

I'm on the ten most wanted list, I've got it dead in the groove.
My face is on every wanted poster in town, for the way I move.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 11:42:47 AM »

There's a particular UnnamedPlayer in Europe who has mad skills and plays OA for a long time. But he is completely silent, so I don't think it's the same Unnamed.

Was always a pleasure to spec him - like it was speccing Stygius! Cheesy
He is away since hmmmm 1.5 years?
Never saw him again... Sad (like Stygius...)
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 06:38:08 PM »

the guy i was talking about was definantly cheating. he sucked at everything! Im telling you this guy could not strafe at all. but he could kill me with a lightning gun faster then i could kill him AND he had just gotten hit with a rocket. And i speced him later and he was definatly aimboting

RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 11:45:53 PM »

can happen...

Cakes 7

Is 7 up?

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 04:08:13 AM »

the guy i was talking about was definantly cheating. he sucked at everything!

I'm not arguing he wasn't cheating, I just wanted to indicate to Bane that people have other, more legitimate reasons for playing anonymously than just cheating. Some anonymous players are very, very good  Wink

I'm on the ten most wanted list, I've got it dead in the groove.
My face is on every wanted poster in town, for the way I move.
KILLIE THE GREAT
Lesser Nub

Cakes -6

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 12:38:53 PM »

. He was godlike with some weapons(lightning,rail,machingun) but sucked with rockets. and the dude couldnt even strafe for sh*t! i ended up using rockets on him and he started using only rockets to try and kill me. I just stayed away from walls and i dont think he hit me once after that Grin he actually ended up calling ME the cheat and left. i cant tell you how happy that made me Cheesy
What was this guys pig if i may ask, cos i get that problem, my normal ping is around 300 to 500, so weapons with slower ammo are hard to us in my case.(SHOT only comes 1.9 second later.)

KHOTANAS.... They waste precious RSA currency on top class clothing, then burn & tear is days later
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 02:01:11 PM »

thats the thing is i dont remember what his ping was. At first i was trying to see if maybe there was a legitimate reason(lag) that was the problem. but shortly after posting i went back on to the same server and found him again. I KNOW it was him because he said something like "back to get r&ped again noob" That is when i speced him and saw he was aimboting. my ping was around a 100 i think. I am normally around 100 and i wasnt lagging badly that day. but the reason i originally thought the problem was lag is because he was lagging reaalllly badly for a few seconds then normal for about a minute, then really badly then normal. so i posted to see if lag would cause him to count as hitting me the whole time or something weird.

Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 05:26:49 PM »

Wow killie how the h*ll do you even hit anything with that ping .
kealper
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2010, 10:07:13 AM »

I'm almost positive I know exactly who you are talking about, I thought he was just an aimbot at first, but after specing him for a bit, (and killing him a few times that an aimbot could have easily prevented) I came to the conclusion that he was just really good.

Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2010, 12:53:58 PM »

Just wondering does this unnamplayer play on the normal z server.
HelloKitty!
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2010, 06:43:03 AM »

There are several really high level players who play as UnnamedPlayer on European servers like [Z], and after a while, you can recognise them by their style.

They generally play as UnnamedPlayer because that way they can have a quick fun game without half the server yelling "OMG, it's XYZ! Please sign my CHEST!!!!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: