Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: AimBots :/  (Read 79907 times)
Masamune
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2010, 06:42:31 AM »

I ran into a player yesterday Velociraptor Swiftness "or whatever" who was using an obviously poorly engineered bot.

It was easy to detect as it literally made him spin in circles on a crowded server on DM 17. That and the fact that he obviously had un-lagged turned off  and a 3-400 ping = " Epic Bot Fail".  Cheesy

I'm going to try and get the demo from those who were recording him it was hilarious.

If you can't play a bot's not going to help you.
What will help is practice and befriending experience players to spar with "bottom line".
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2010, 09:47:54 AM »

Funny you should bring that up masamune I played a guy just the other day called Velocirpator Raptor ( in green lettering) that I am pretty sure was using an aimbot. Also played a guy twice in one day called Looooong Cat the first time he got like 13 frags in ten minutes then he starting fussing left came back and now all of a suddend his aim got a whole lot better and he got 50 frags in 6 minutes. I'm not saying thats impossiable but it just makes you wonder.
KILLIE THE GREAT
Lesser Nub

Cakes -6

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2010, 10:36:44 AM »

he got like 13 frags in ten minutes then he starting fussing left came back and now all of a suddend his aim got a whole lot better and he got 50 frags in 6 minutes. I'm not saying thats impossiable but it just makes you wonder.
It happens to me, (rarely) Some days i,m very good, others... i suck ass, like today.Maybe he's got my issue...

KHOTANAS.... They waste precious RSA currency on top class clothing, then burn & tear is days later
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2010, 04:48:37 PM »

or he had some wrong setting? 50f in 6m isn't rare. I commonly get about 15f/m, lowest i usually reach when sucking is around 11 frags a minute.
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2010, 12:51:02 AM »

but the sudden change in skill...is kinda suspicous. unless the dude just sobered up quick or something

Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none!

Cakes 7

Is 7 up?

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2010, 01:07:45 PM »

Umm, I just added a complete section about tweaking net parameters to the DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Tweak]Tweak wiki page, but when I pressed save my additions vanished into thin air?! Does that website need cookies to function? I'll write the text offline and try posting it again tomorrow.

I'm on the ten most wanted list, I've got it dead in the groove.
My face is on every wanted poster in town, for the way I move.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2010, 01:38:27 PM »

Uhm... Mediawiki uses cookies, I think (but not sure if they are really needed to edit a page... maybe if you take too much time?). Anyway, if you use Firefox, it should be able to return to the previous page without losing your text...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2010, 01:48:47 PM »

if you use Firefox, it should be able to return to the previous page without losing your text...
hmm not always, never tried on wikia but they use some fancy editor which might get the text somewhere else on-load. Another reason for just using plain text editors instead of gui based crap for newbs =)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2010, 02:26:08 PM »

Another reason for just using plain text editors instead of gui based crap for newbs =)
... and obviously, the first thing I do when I edit a page on a Wikia site is pushing the "source code" button (WYSIWYG interface makes big mistakes).

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
HelloKitty!
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2010, 11:35:39 AM »

There is a really good player who goes under the nick longcat, among others. If you met this player, then it was likely not a bot, that player definitely doesn't need one.

Cakes 7

Is 7 up?

« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2010, 04:30:28 AM »

I wanted to have another go at the DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Tweak]Tweaking online gaming parameters section, but to my astonishment the text that disappeared the day before yesterday is now on there? Anyway, I modified the text and the layout a little, can somebody check it please (my English in particular)?

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2010, 05:03:11 AM »

Maybe you updated it, but after that for some strange reason, you were still seeing a cached version (by your browser or by the server)...

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2010, 10:37:14 AM »

DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/index.php?title=Tweak&diff=6394&oldid=6305]Your work seems nice. I did some little fix, DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/index.php?title=Tweak&diff=6397&oldid=6394]can you check if they are ok?

About your text: "...on your game controllers" or "...on your game controls"?
And it is not clear if it is possible/advisable (I suppose not) to use both timenudge and projectilenudge?

Cakes 7

Is 7 up?

« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2010, 02:28:58 PM »

I did some minor corrections and additions. Is the part about cl_maxpackets clear or does it need more explanation? (Have a look at this post, sorry about the funny words in the post, they magically changed on April fools day). Also I believe there is a cap of 30 on cl_maxpackets in the newer releases, but I don't know for sure. (Falkland?)

It's better to keep cl_timenudge at 0 when playing delagged but some players are so used to negative timenudge they still set it to -10, think of it as trade-off between more accurate hitscan weapons and less movement lag.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2010, 01:11:51 AM »

- Somewhere I read there could be a limit of maximum -30 and +30 for cl_timenudge, but I'm not sure.
- It is still not clear if one could use both timenudge and projectilenudge (I suppose not, but I don't know).
- are you sure where you wrote "int(com_maxpackets / 2)"?
- Maybe you can write there also about the default com_maxfps recommended values...

UPDATE: In the meanwhile, I added something DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/index.php?title=Manual%2FGraphic_options&diff=6403&oldid=6147]in this page, did I right?

P.S.: I'm going to go on holiday, so I will not be on the forums for about 8-10 days. See you later!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 04:04:19 AM by Gig » Logged

Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2010, 10:31:52 PM »

I just owned an aimbotter!!!!! i just switched to his team and pushed him into pits over and over. and he got really mad at me for that and because i was telling him how much better i was then him.(plus the fact that he know he was cheating ment he couldnt smack talk me back) and then i just spammed him with stuff about him probly having a small dick so thats why he cheats til he quit. i was so proud Cheesy but it got me thinking why not make a mod that kicks ppl if they kill X number off ppl in X amount of time? or atleast some system of being able to report ppl and their ip's to the server host? cuz it was just me and him so i couldnt kick him. so i was only able to win by persistance but it was in all honestly not a good use of my time Sad

and the guys named was "twice" and is there anyway i could have gotten his ip so i could have posted it and ppl could ban him?

RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2010, 12:17:21 AM »

why not make a mod that kicks ppl if they kill X number off ppl in X amount of time?
Because there are also players who are just really good and make the same ammount or sometimes more scores then aimbots.

is there anyway i could have gotten his ip so i could have posted it and ppl could ban him?
Ask him to goto whatismyip.com and post which it is Tongue
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2010, 02:37:18 AM »

true but i dont think any noncheating player can score some 200 kills in under 2 mins. this was on instagib and he was killing as ppl spawned, the map was oa_ctf2. and i was wondering if there was a way to ping someone for their ip. also in this thread http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=3760.0 you said you got his ip, how'd you do that?

Cakes 7

Is 7 up?

« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2010, 04:36:45 AM »

200 kills in under 2 minutes with the rail gun only? Really?

In unmodded games the RG takes 1.5 seconds to reload after a shot, so 200 single kills would take 200 * 1.5 secs = 300 secs = 5 minutes. Calculating the other way around (accounting for double kills), you can produce a maximum of 60 secs / 1.5 secs = 40 frags per minute with single RG kills, and because the guy is scoring 200 kills / 2 minutes = 100 frags per minute, he must kill an average of 2.5 players per RG shot! That's incredibly good, even for a bot. Are you sure you got those 2 minutes right?

Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2010, 08:12:22 AM »

Is there a new aimbot out or something causing what seems to be a rise in cheating.

Also congrats Thoushaltdie on owning an aimboter hopefully he will not come back and take his cheating ways to another game
HelloKitty!
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2010, 08:42:44 AM »

and the guys named was "twice" and is there anyway i could have gotten his ip so i could have posted it and ppl could ban him?
Oh yeah, ran into him the other day. Four of us ganged up on him in FFA, and he still won.

It wasn't even a sophisticated aimbot or anything. The most obvious thing ever.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2010, 03:53:11 PM »

i was wondering if there was a way to ping someone for their ip. also in this thread http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=3760.0 you said you got his ip, how'd you do that?
I have checked everything on the connection when playing online in openarena, but there is only the ip of you and the server in the packets. I got scassapalle's IP by asking an admin when scassapalle was on some server. With "/rcon status" you can see it (if you set the rconpassword right).

Cakes 7

Is 7 up?

« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2010, 05:51:57 PM »

I'm sorry if my last post sounded like a lecture, I just don't like people exaggerating how much frags the aimbot they encountered got, that's about the best advertisement for a bot you can make, especially from the viewpoint of a noob. Lots of noobs get the impression they are being cheated when they get owned by good players anyway (specifically prediction shots and twitch shots are highly suspect to them), and all the stories about bots owning everyone makes downloading a bot and 'leveling the playing field' all the more attractive to them because they think everybody is using them anyway.

In a sense it's more than a bit like doping in some sports (cycling and weight lifting come to mind): the myths about the widespread use of super potent doping/aimbots become a self fulfilling prophecy in the long run.

Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2010, 09:04:50 PM »

ok im not all that sure about the time. because he was changing teams so the time was resetting but i thought it was around 2 mins, but you are probly right and it was more. he was literally killing as ppl spawned though. and for some reason his frag score was staying with him even though he was changing teams but i have noticed that happening with 8.5. He had over 200 when the timelimit hit i know that much for sure. and the time was under 5 mins because it gave the 5 min warning as soon as i joined. and he only had around 20 frags then. and you guys are forgetting that he was capturing for both teams and the end score was 6/7 or something like that.

RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2010, 08:55:11 AM »

60 secs / 1.5 secs = 40 frags per minute with single RG kills
Just looked up some screenshots, and I sometimes get close to the 40score/min (insta CTF). Now there's flag scores too, but I'm not that good so there sure will be people going over the 'aimbot score'. So again @Thoushaltdie I think "kicking ppl if they kill X number off ppl in X amount of time" isn't a good idea Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: