Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Filter games by MOD (or at least show mod's name in server list)  (Read 6497 times)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« on: April 26, 2010, 12:33:41 PM »

Probably someone has asked this before, sorry if it is so.

Well, a big limit of the integrated server browser of Q3A was that it did not snow the name of the MOD running on that server.

I hope that OpenArena could to this thing, but, at least for now, it does not. Can you try to implement this? Filter games by MOD (or at least show mod's name in server list)...
I don't know how, but the old All-Seeing-Eye server browser was able to filter them for Q3A, so it should be possible in some way.

Many mods use the standard "game modes" (gametype) names, so you can't identify them unless you enter the game! :-(

PS: Do you know some external server browser that supports OpenArena?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 02:14:23 PM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Half-Nub

Cakes 10

Also known as Dots & cookies

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 12:39:30 PM »

PS: Do you know some external server browser that supports OpenArena?

Qtracker does: http://www.qtracker.com/

Many mod use the standard "game modes" names, so you can't identify them unless you enter the game! :-(

You can also identify them by gametype. Some like defrag and freezetag have the name instead of DM and CTF. But i like your idea overall. Smiley
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 02:02:02 PM »

You can also identify them by gametype. Some like defrag and freezetag have the name instead of DM and CTF.
Yes, but they are few. Most, simply use standard gametypes' names...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: