Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new game type  (Read 9142 times)
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« on: June 15, 2010, 10:44:30 AM »

hey guys we have all rockets and instagib. why not a gauntlet mode?

Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none!
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 11:49:02 AM »

Because it could be not so funny, after the first minutes (just an impression)...

Anyway one may try NIQ3 mod (No Items Quake 3, read DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/NIQ3]here) and disable all weapons except for gauntlet (the mod's GUI allows to select which weapons use) it should work, I suppose. UPDATE: I checked, and one has to enable at least two weapons, or the game will freeze.

Or I believe I read something about some command to remove items direcly from OpenArena (again to remove all weapons except gauntlet), but I didn't test it yet.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 06:00:22 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 11:55:59 AM »

An "Arena" option would be nice. Like the mutator from UT, you select the weapon and every ammopack and weapon would be replaced with it.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 04:39:42 PM »

I've played a couple times with g_elimination set to 1, and all elimination_weapons set to 0 ammo.  It's really obnoxious.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 06:35:37 PM »

I'd like to try this game type sometime. It sounds fun and very unique.

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 11:44:38 PM »

thanks for the imput. i know it wont be as fun as rockets or insta but it would be a fun way to train with the gauntlet and kill an afternoon. i think ill play elimination with no ammo vs some bot now. and thanks for the imput Smiley

WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 04:56:02 AM »

The problem I had with bots was they tend to avoid me, so I just find myself chasing them at a constant distance.  Granted, I need to work on my jumping for speed.  I'm planning to do some LG training with the same method.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 06:27:34 AM »

it is hard to hit a bot with the gauntlet, this is the whole challege. because when you're at close quarters and you pull out the gauntlet instead of getting into a shotgun or railgun war and the other person sees you they will be running away and shooting. so i need to practice in catching up to them quick and killing them with the gauntlet. and also dropping down on ppl from behind to assassinate them Cheesy and the bot just running around will give me some practice. then i can try it in ctf games or tdm. Evil also i need to learn how you can crouch really quick and get a hit in faster. because when i try it i end up slowing down and not hitting them at all Sad

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: