Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Player model selection (in mp ui)  (Read 7123 times)
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« on: July 05, 2010, 04:03:19 AM »

Instead of listing all the models available at once, maybe brief categorization sohuld be done to save the load of them:

Sex > Model > Skin

You pick the sex first(male/female/neuter), then the model, then the skin to use. it'd probably be arranged into 3 columns.

Toggle switches to display icons or the model could also be done to save on the loading. Maybe load a 'bio.txt" or "info.txt" from the model folder with information about the model too so we can have useless-but-interesting backstories in the game!! OR perhaps... keyword files for each skin(i.e. models/players/fred/keyword_blue.txt) and a little search box that lets you type where you want to go or something stupid like that, so typing in 'devil girl' would get you Dark, Hellchick, RX78 and typing "crap" would get you commander wolf, major and typing in "chinese" would get you kyonshi, xaero, etc and they would only load if there is an icon file available for it

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 04:08:24 AM »

Male/Female/Unknown?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 04:08:49 AM »

The technical term for it is "neuter" and sorry there's also no support for shemales and ladyboys.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 04:20:35 AM »

Then Male/Female/Neuter/Unknown (to separate "real" neuters from those who simply do not have the sex indication file).

Question: how to manage the situation where different skins for the same model have different sex? For example, a male skin and a robot skin sharing the same 3d model.

Anyway, I don't feel a great need for this...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 04:31:51 AM »

animation.cfg is already the "sex indication file" and every model's got one!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: