Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: weapon Recoil  (Read 13359 times)
KILLIE THE GREAT
Lesser Nub

Cakes -6

« on: July 06, 2010, 11:55:04 AM »

See I,ve been thinking... what would OA be like if guns actually had a recoil, possibly making shooting accuratly harder (witch is the whole point). I mean... doesn't everyone want a challenge? Certainly would be fun.... what do ya,ll think

KHOTANAS.... They waste precious RSA currency on top class clothing, then burn & tear is days later
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 12:09:30 PM »

Ever played HUNT? That mod had recoil. Is it good? You be the judge...

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 02:27:45 PM »

I never played that mod. Anyway, I can answer to Killie the great that (IMHO) recoil is stuff for a mod, since one of the goals of OpenArena is to mantain the same gameplay "feel" as the original Quake 3. Maybe a developer could decide to implement it inside the main game (as an option disabled by default, I hope), but I would find it strange, because it is far enough from the original game.

You may find someone able to help you to create a simple "recoil" mod... I don't know how to code.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 07:08:32 PM »

Personally, I'm not playing for realism, but for fun.  I have enough problems aiming accurately when I'm busy running around shooting and moving targets at close range.  I know I don't really want anything further scrambling my aim.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 12:29:53 AM »

Yes, let's not modify the way guns react in this game.

Things like that are for MODs and other games.

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 06:35:26 AM »

Yes, let's not modify the way guns react in this game.

Things like that are for MODs and other games.
Agree.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
KILLIE THE GREAT
Lesser Nub

Cakes -6

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 09:12:24 AM »

Ever played HUNT? That mod had recoil. Is it good? You be the judge...
I,ve never heard of it... but if this is ur answer to my issue, where can I get this mod...?

KHOTANAS.... They waste precious RSA currency on top class clothing, then burn & tear is days later
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 10:10:24 AM »

Its old official site http://modifia.planetquake.gamespy.com/hunt/ is down (like all the hundreds of mod sites that were hosted by planetquake!).
There is some information about it here:
- (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/Hunt
Reading there, it seems that a manual "hack" is needed in order to fix the lack of the "Klesk" model in OpenArena (copying it from Quake 3 Arena).

That page talks about a "oct 28 2002" version of the mod... I found a download location here.

Anyway, probably it changes many more things, other than the recoil...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:51:03 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 10:24:31 AM »

Reading there, it seems that a manual "hack" is needed in order to fix the lack of the "Klesk" model in OpenArena (copying it from Quake 3 Arena).
That's not even necessary. You can just change the monster models right in the options when you start a game. No infringement is necessary.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 10:57:29 AM »

Are you sure about it? Where is that option? I see that it is possible to change the "bots"... but not to change the "monsters" models...

Anyway, I tested the mod under Q3A: for me, it needs to be started from command line quake3.exe +set fs_game hunt, or i get a CVARS error, but then it works. It's nice... weapons have been modified, and you have to face armies of Klesks and giant Tankjrs and Uriels...

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 12:24:59 PM »

Are you sure about it? Where is that option?
There's a new menu to the left of "FIGHT!". Open it and explore!

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 12:38:21 PM »

Yes.. Advanced options... nice!
Unluckily, it seems to me (after a rapid look) that it allows to change only the "predator" model (klesk)... so you can play with the four "base" modes... but you still can't play with EFH or STP modes, because it searches for other models for other mosters...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: