Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Maps  (Read 19568 times)
Guardian
Nub

Cakes 0

Death Wish

« on: October 04, 2010, 08:18:59 PM »

Hi again, i created this topic to talk about the maps around OA that u like or disgust. So lets start.

I personally liked the map called "q3hockey", is a map that looks like a hockey stadium, is for ctf, has a slippery floor, it doesnt has guns to pick up (now comes the bad things), is a little small (i mean, i can see the other team's flag from my base), u cant go so fast since jumping is actually more slower than walking, i think the only thing for what i liked is that if u run out of ammo, u'll have to use the gauntlet and since i suck (in all the games i have played) with all the weapons that arent for close combat is a good map for me to play  Smiley.

Anyway, is your turn now, post something, be cool!  Cool

The king of infinite Dead
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 12:13:29 AM »

dm4ish has only one problem: no TA stuff. Smiley

Also Blitzkrieg3. It's nice, small and has the nailgun. I dislike that arena of Neon's because for me, the layout is stupid.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
St0n3*r
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

Welcome in the ★revolution world :P

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 03:15:55 AM »

I have some fav ofc, but mostly like nearly all maps (except camping bases, full of BFG maps,... Tongue)

Well, this is my fav for each mod i play :

DM :
AGGRESSOR
Lot played in past, love it for speed and tactic it offer.

HUB3AEROQ3
Never played lot there, but it's awesome map : nice skilled people rockzz hard on it Smiley

CA :
QZDM6
Awesome map, the hight of platform offer great frag action and item placement rock!

QZDM7
Just because i can't forgot my quake3 time ^^ lol

CTF all wep
OASAGO2
The most played ctf map here (maybe too much  Grin), but i'm still love it. Some greet tricks can be done, love power bridge offer and the risk of walking everywhere with windows and such Cheesy

MKBASE
Just waouuuhh! awesome layout, small but nice ways, fast, beautiful, great! Dunno why it's not more played  Huh

CTF insta :
PS37CTF
Bridge and water stuff give nice gameplay there, nice placement of respawn ==> great!

PUL1CTF
I know lot hate it, but it's a great map for me even if i will enjoy other map colors Cheesy
Great jumps can be done, nice ways,...

CTF rocket :
CTF4ISH
Nothing can make you more awake than this map in rocket Cheesy
Once you know the respawn, the height of jump on jumpad,... you begin to make tons of airrocketsss and there is nothing more funny Cheesy

13DREAM
GREAT MAP! I saw few players using it right, but there is lot of ways there (e.g you can get the platform on side from the flag area with rj over space Tongue)
Love the button stuff also, you can time when people will appear and kill him like that Smiley

Guardian
Nub

Cakes 0

Death Wish

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 06:11:55 AM »

I like aggressor too, i also like ctf4ish but not with rockets since i suck with them (i take a jumpad, in the air i shoot to the other jumpad because there was another guy there, the guy takes the jumpas and when i land i it myself with my own rocket and die, lol). Normally i like the maps  that people calls stupid, jeje. I really like a map called "Danger City" since, how his name gives to understand, is a city, so it has buildings, is more like seen a gang's war, so is pretty cool.

Someone_mad
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

Painted nails and long haired... I'm not a witch!

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 07:07:14 PM »

There's the maps I like to play on it, somes are not in the list cause I can't found the name of it  Grin

About 'excessive plus' mod the menu is really bad and stupid (cause it's white on white), but in game, the skins you add to yo open arena is available on multiplayer game and the crossairs are the same as quake live + open arena ones.

check the list  Cheesy

¤ FFA

oa_shouse (nice dark castle ambiance with lava and dangerous bridge)
park (just a funny place to kill ^^)
pillcity (really funny objects in and musics)
cu3dm1 (nice ruins)
xpac_bt ('black town' is really cooleeh, looks like an horror map ^^)
wolves (nice dark castle ambiance)
whitemeat (remind meh the star wars arena ^^)
reqbath (a bathroom)
wvwq3dm7 (a forest with moon light)

__

¤ TDM

bunker
aedesert

__

¤ CTF

oa-spirit3
Pul1ctf
ctf_gate1
ps37ctf2
oa_bases7 (interesting what happen on this kind of map)
oa_bases3 (")
oa_bases5 (")
q3wcp8
ps2ctf2
ps37ctf3
cpmctf2 (a really nice one, bunker/castle ambiance)
mkbase (lots of action and big movements, it remind meh somes years ago)
13vast
frozencolors (best with 'excessive plus' mod)
simpsons_q3 (really funny cartoon ambiance)

__

¤ Elimination

q3whdm4
am_underworks2
oa_bases5

__

¤ 1 vs 1

qsc_town (at 1 vs 1 this one makes adrenalin cause it's a big map and contain lots of objects, weapons and obstacles)

Ya know that the other one is here to kill ya...  Evil

Guardian
Nub

Cakes 0

Death Wish

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 07:42:41 PM »

Whitemeat is kinda funny, to me, it looks like an skate park, jeje. i dont really have a list of favs maps, i just play them all for the fun,  Smiley. What i will like, is that someone does a gauntlet arena, something like a wrestling arena, that would be nice, at least to me that i love the gauntlet, jeje  Smiley.

Someone_mad
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 08:17:26 AM »

I really recomend ya 'xpac_bt' in FFA mod!
This is funny as a clown trash party!
                      Cheesy

Someone_mad
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 08:20:06 AM »

For a gauntlet arena you can ask it to make a mod on a server, cause a map wich does only worl with gauntlet would be a problem I presume...
Maybe not, but it will be strange on OA... YEAH that's it!!! Okay strange is good on OA
                                           Azn

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 09:07:53 AM »

Only gaunts and a little simple map (am_galmevish) is one of the round of what I set up on ROFL The Arena. This is possible thanks to elimination_ variables.
To be more precise: there are several rounds in this arena, and each time you come with only one weapon with full ammo.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Someone_mad
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 09:43:47 AM »

All the ROFL servers are like that?
Or one precise?
         Huh

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 10:03:59 AM »

One precise named "ROFL The Arena" Smiley

Todo: Walk the cat.
Someone_mad
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 10:19:46 AM »

'kay mate! Thank you
           Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 12:36:44 PM »

Someone mad, if you want to do something like it @home... take a look to
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Configuration_examples/Weapon_rotation
and in particular DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Configuration_examples/Weapon_rotation#Adding_a_round_with_the_gauntlet_only]this example.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 04:45:30 PM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Someone_mad
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 01:14:43 PM »

Thank's Gig, but I dunno how to change anything, I've tryin' programmation but I don't understand...
I would like to know...
                                                   Cry

Maybe Guardian is interested.
               Undecided

Guardian
Nub

Cakes 0

Death Wish

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 05:22:18 PM »

Im interested, im gonna try it. I have a question: is there any place where u can dl the maps?

Someone_mad
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 10:14:17 AM »

There are some maps...

http://download.tuxfamily.org/openarena/autodownload/baseoa/

Hum...  There...

http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php?id=1364

... Hope it will help!
              Undecided

Guardian
Nub

Cakes 0

Death Wish

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 05:12:53 PM »

real thx man!  Wink

Someone_mad
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 05:40:10 PM »

Heuheuha!
A pleasure.
      Evil

WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 12:24:35 AM »

...I personally liked the map called "q3hockey", is a map that looks like a hockey stadium, is for ctf, has a slippery floor, it doesn't has guns to pick up (now comes the bad things), is a little small (i mean, i can see the other team's flag from my base), u cant go so fast since jumping is actually more slower than walking, i think the only thing for what i liked is that if u run out of ammo, you'll have to use the gauntlet and since i suck (in all the games i have played) with all the weapons that aren't for close combat is a good map for me to play  Smiley.

The only server playing that map is E+ 1v1 (unless some other admin has since added it to their server).  Because it is so small it's only suitable for 1v1 or 2v2.  btw, have you found the Easter Egg?  It's the audio track that says "The chant of we want the Cup, we want the Cup has gone up!"

Q3Slick is similar in map area and theme but since it has no soundtrack and "Easter Egg" it is only 324KB vs 2MB for Q3Hockey.

Assuming you did play this on E+ 1v1, if you use your weapons for movement you almost never need to walk, run or jump since the map is so small.

Calm is for LOSERS!  ANGER fuels my game and btw you're NEXT!
Guardian
Nub

Cakes 0

Death Wish

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 07:45:50 AM »

Actually, i played q3hockey in a ctf server!

Hitchhiker

Cakes 11

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 10:26:41 AM »

Hi,
Lately, I like OASago2 and CTF4ISH.. But havent played a lot of other maps so far. They both have a nice "flow" from one base to the other (CTF). 13VAST is nice but I guess the platform parts are a bit too small and the void separating them kind of cuts the "flow" - maybe if I knew more tricks it would be better - I hope it is so, so playing it more, will be interesting.. Sorry about this "flow" part - cant think of other way of saying it - "flow" as opposed to "not just sitting there".

Anyways, I guess will like all maps that have space in them to jump around without worrying of running into a wall or ceiling Smiley   ,, yeah that bridge in OASago2 should be a bit higher..

If you were to create a map, it would look like which existing one?
Guardian
Nub

Cakes 0

Death Wish

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 10:00:08 PM »

Well, if someone tells with what to do maps, i will like my own ideas, like dm on a golf camp, with his own physics too!  Cheesy

WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2010, 11:30:40 AM »

Actually, i played q3hockey in a ctf server!

E+ 1v1 becomes a CTF Server when Q3Hockey and Q3Slick are the current maps in the rotation.
It's unlikely you played these anywhere else in OA Land.

Calm is for LOSERS!  ANGER fuels my game and btw you're NEXT!
Guardian
Nub

Cakes 0

Death Wish

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2010, 08:09:36 PM »

Could someone tell me with what i could do maps?

St0n3*r
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

Welcome in the ★revolution world :P

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2010, 12:55:48 AM »

DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Configure_GTKRadiant_for_OA]GTKRadiant  Wink

And here it's about HOW you have to think to build a map Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: