Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: dylib vs. qvm?  (Read 4587 times)
tw3k
Lesser Nub


Cakes 0
Posts: 143



« on: January 16, 2007, 12:44:58 PM »

I was trying to get OpenArena to load the dynamic libraries rather the qvm.

This is the console message I get on normal start up.
Quote
Loading dll file ui.
Sys_LoadDll(/Volumes/tw3k/Desktop/Quake3/baseoa/uippc.dylib)...
Sys_LoadDll(/Volumes/tw3k/Desktop/Quake3/baseoa/uippc.dylib) failed:
"Failed loading /Volumes/tw3k/Desktop/Quake3/baseoa/uippc.dylib: dlcompat: file "/Volumes/tw3k/Desktop/Quake3/baseoa/uippc.dylib" not found"
Sys_LoadDll(/Users/forest/Library/Application Support/OpenArena/baseoa/uippc.dylib)...
Sys_LoadDll(/Users/forest/Library/Application Support/OpenArena/baseoa/uippc.dylib) failed:
"Failed loading /Users/forest/Library/Application Support/OpenArena/baseoa/uippc.dylib: dlcompat: file "/Users/forest/Library/Application Support/OpenArena/baseoa/uippc.dylib" not found"
Sys_LoadDll(./baseoa/uippc.dylib)...
Sys_LoadDll(./baseoa/uippc.dylib) failed:
"Failed loading ./baseoa/uippc.dylib: dlcompat: file "./baseoa/uippc.dylib" not found"
Sys_LoadDll(./baseoa/uippc.dylib)...
Sys_LoadDll(./baseoa/uippc.dylib) failed:
"Failed loading ./baseoa/uippc.dylib: dlcompat: file "./baseoa/uippc.dylib" not found"
Sys_LoadDll(ui) failed dlopen() completely!
Failed to load dll, looking for qvm.
Loading vm file vm/ui.qvm...
VM file ui pass 0 compiled to 537108 bytes of code
VM file ui pass 1 compiled to 537108 bytes of code
VM file ui pass 2 compiled to 537108 bytes of code
ui loaded in 1900064 bytes on the hunk

After placing uippc.dylib in the search path i get:
Quote
Loading dll file ui.
Sys_LoadDll(/Volumes/tw3k/Desktop/Quake3/baseoa/uippc.dylib)...
Sys_LoadDll(/Volumes/tw3k/Desktop/Quake3/baseoa/uippc.dylib): succeeded ...
Sys_LoadDll(ui) found **vmMain** at  0xb8d8540 
Sys_LoadDll(ui) succeeded!
22 arenas parsed
3 arenas ignored to make count divisible by 4
7 bots parsed
Loading dll file cgame.
Sys_LoadDll(/Volumes/tw3k/Desktop/Quake3/baseoa/cgameppc.dylib)...
Sys_LoadDll(/Volumes/tw3k/Desktop/Quake3/baseoa/cgameppc.dylib) failed:
"Failed loading /Volumes/tw3k/Desktop/Quake3/baseoa/cgameppc.dylib: dlcompat: file "/Volumes/tw3k/Desktop/Quake3/baseoa/cgameppc.dylib" not found"
Sys_LoadDll(/Users/forest/Library/Application Support/OpenArena/baseoa/cgameppc.dylib)...
Sys_LoadDll(/Users/forest/Library/Application Support/OpenArena/baseoa/cgameppc.dylib) failed:
"Failed loading /Users/forest/Library/Application Support/OpenArena/baseoa/cgameppc.dylib: dlcompat: file "/Users/forest/Library/Application Support/OpenArena/baseoa/cgameppc.dylib" not found"
Sys_LoadDll(./baseoa/cgameppc.dylib)...
Sys_LoadDll(./baseoa/cgameppc.dylib) failed:
"Failed loading ./baseoa/cgameppc.dylib: dlcompat: file "./baseoa/cgameppc.dylib" not found"
Sys_LoadDll(./baseoa/cgameppc.dylib)...
Sys_LoadDll(./baseoa/cgameppc.dylib) failed:
"Failed loading ./baseoa/cgameppc.dylib: dlcompat: file "./baseoa/cgameppc.dylib" not found"
Sys_LoadDll(cgame) failed dlopen() completely!
Failed to load dll, looking for qvm.
Loading vm file vm/cgame.qvm...
VM file cgame pass 0 compiled to 1111296 bytes of code
VM file cgame pass 1 compiled to 1111296 bytes of code
VM file cgame pass 2 compiled to 1111296 bytes of code
cgame loaded in 5961888 bytes on the hunk

and after placing cgameppc.dylib in the search path i get:
Quote
Loading dll file ui.
Sys_LoadDll(/Volumes/tw3k/Desktop/Quake3/baseoa/uippc.dylib)...
Sys_LoadDll(/Volumes/tw3k/Desktop/Quake3/baseoa/uippc.dylib): succeeded ...
Sys_LoadDll(ui) found **vmMain** at  0xb8d8540 
Sys_LoadDll(ui) succeeded!
22 arenas parsed
3 arenas ignored to make count divisible by 4
7 bots parsed
Loading dll file cgame.
Sys_LoadDll(/Volumes/tw3k/Desktop/Quake3/baseoa/cgameppc.dylib)...
Sys_LoadDll(/Volumes/tw3k/Desktop/Quake3/baseoa/cgameppc.dylib): succeeded ...
Sys_LoadDll(cgame) found **vmMain** at  0xc2b1cfc 
Sys_LoadDll(cgame) succeeded!
********************
ERROR: Client/Server game mismatch: baseoa-1/baseq3-1
********************
RE_Shutdown( 0 )


This is after the game has loaded and is awaiting game state.

Any ideas?
Logged
Blaenk
more like blank dumb
Lesser Nub


Cakes 0
Posts: 135



« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 05:28:26 PM »

what I did in my game was make sv_pure 0 (I don't know if this has anything to do with it), and sv_vm 0 or something like that I forget what it is, something _vm, er, at least, I think that's what I did.
Logged
tw3k
Lesser Nub


Cakes 0
Posts: 143



« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 05:37:49 PM »

what I did in my game was make sv_pure 0 (I don't know if this has anything to do with it), and sv_vm 0 or something like that I forget what it is, something _vm, er, at least, I think that's what I did.

yup, i tired that from the ioquake help pages
 ./ioquake3.ppc  +set sv_pure 0 +set vm_cgame 0 +set vm_game 0 +set vm_ui 0   

actually, for now untill i can i can get the others to load, I'm just using:  ./ioquake3.ppc +set vm_ui 0 
Logged
tw3k
Lesser Nub


Cakes 0
Posts: 143



« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 03:49:56 AM »

just for future reference the dylibs load with ioquake svn1031
Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to: