Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating A Server  (Read 9050 times)
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« on: February 27, 2011, 02:08:55 PM »

How Do You Create Your Own Server In OpenArena . Better Description Is How Do i Host My Own Sever That other People Can Refresh And See The Name Of My Server.

Mega Rules The World ! Mega Rules The World
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 04:35:03 PM »

I'm afraid we won't be able to help you step by step so that you make this, as it requires good computer science knowledge (from your previous posts I fear that's not really the case).

If you have no knowledge of how servers work (I mean: web servers, ftp servers), have no network knowledge (ip adress, port), and have no good mastery over your operating system (i.e: in order to run programs from command line), then you may forget it, unless you're really motivated and are ready to spend some time reading documentation (starting with this: (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Servers )

Your post is not in the right section of the forum, please pay attention to where you post, this is valid on every internet forum you go.

Before posting new topics, I heavily suggest you to read a lot of what is in this forum and on the DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki]wiki, so you get a better view of this game. We try to be helpful but I fear we can't train people individually on every matters.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Biox1dE
Half-Nub

Cakes 3

I have my own personality

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 09:47:18 PM »

Cacatoes is correct, you do need a lot of knowledge on this subject, but reading all of the information anywhere can be daunting. If you need a tutor, you can message me for help.

Biox1dE
Half-Nub

Cakes 3

I have my own personality

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 02:13:22 PM »

and on that day, not a single PM was sent...

swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 02:28:06 PM »

HAHAahhahaha

Mega Rules The World ! Mega Rules The World
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 04:33:56 PM »

Lesson to learn: Think twice who do you offer help.  Roll Eyes It can backfire.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: